IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I think you’re on to something. What you said with the bass and treble not getting in the way and being mid centric. That might be exactly what the magic sauce is for me. Call me crazy as I’ve got less than an hour on these but, they may just be added to my top 5 favorite sets. DM would have been one but, I could absolutely never get a good seal with them so, never really got to hear them shine.

2 Likes

doooope! much appreciated

3 Likes

3 Likes

Oh my god, please stop sharing all this rainbow in here and create your own Festival of Love thread that I could block immediately, so I would not be sad that I live where I live without any whale IEM buddies around. Not even saying couple of them
:rainbow:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jokes aside - this is crazy what you are experiencing yourself and how much different takes on same sets it allows the HFG community to see! Amazing! :heart:

7 Likes

P1 Max is still in my ears and hasn’t left since first post a few hours ago. Here’s my mini review summed up in a picture.

Warm, cozy and lush. With just the right amount of crackle coming from fresh lit oak. Perfect to kick back and relax and slide the texture of a flannel blanket between your fingers. While sipping a deep rich cup of dark chocolate hot coco.

The Panda just melts and drips warm vibes into your ear canals and whispers sexual words. I’m calling it in the Honeymoon phase that Panda is easily going in my top 5 current sets. Right with UP, Meteor, SA6U and OG Tea. Which is ridiculous given the price difference to those sets. Welcome to the table Princess Panda.

In other news anyone in the market for HeyDay because this sexy Panda just slapped her dirty?

7 Likes

I mean I was slightly interested in the Heyday, but it’s hard not to be more curious about the P1 Max now! If you prefer the Panda over the other there’s a decent chance I would also.

3 Likes

The HeyDay still gets a shout out from me. As I mentioned it was the first planar that got close to me enjoying and didn’t have any big turnoffs. Only small issue I had was a little to much upper energy on guitars and cymbals. Worked good at low-mid volumes but, became a little distracting and ever so slightly fatiguing on longer listens. However, Panda came in with a hey maker right hook in a fight of the planars. I’ve still got them in my ears and boy are they joy. Great for low and high volume listening. Given it’s price, when on sale, I’d say it’s a easy pill to swallow if you end up not liking it.

3 Likes

FIVE HOURS?!?

It’s okay to stop and hydrate. The sex won’t stop just because you take a break! You’re a man, not a machine!

2 Likes

the-dude-give-up

5 Likes

I’m drinking Long Islands man, five deep a this point, give me a break. I got the dreaded Whisky syndrome.

3 Likes

I can’t I’ll need it for cleanup afterwards.

3 Likes

I thought you’d like them. I never imagined we’d have to surgically remove them.

Damn I’m good at this recommendation thing! :grimacing::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

3 Likes

You and @nymz. He rec’d the Meteor which is a winner. Difference is the Meteor is like riding a rocket :rocket: to Mars with my hair blowing in the wind at full throttle. Panda is like making gentle love fire side. I’m not sure what that says about either of you or how it relates to the rec but, the Long Islands felt it necessary to say.

7 Likes

I’m a shameless romantic so this checks out

The gf’s response: (giggling) Oh dear. What has my Goober done to all of you??? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

Well my families is out of town. So me and the Panda got a lotta time to be together. Hopefully I’m still alive when they come home. If I am as @GooberBM mentioned we may need a doctors visit to get these pried out of my ears.

5 Likes

I’ll be on my way with the bolt cutters brother, it’s not my first rodeo :sunglasses: this warms my heart that you’re enjoying them so much.

God speed, Mags - god speed :saluting_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know which of you are more pathetic: you or Dom. But we are laughing our asses off at the absurdity of this evening.

You’re not supposed to fall in love with the stripper!

1 Like

Just think, I’m 5 Long Island iced teas down from mags here :upside_down_face:

1 Like

For $80 it’s a whole lot easier to fall in love with the stripper. I’m gonna make rain on her even after the action starts if she’s as good as the Panda.

4 Likes