IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Take care…last 25 days have been horrible. Take multi vitamins 2x daily so your body does not go short on basic stuffs while you slowly withdraw and body goes into “safe mode” if that is the case.
Good luck :heart_on_fire:

3 Likes

I forgot to add my go-to “cure” for everything (including COVID, Flu, other ailments, etc.):

Drink TEA! :smile: :tea: :tea: :tea: And LOTS of it! :grin:

5 Likes

That’s basically the U12t target which is Precog’s favorite. So perhaps check out what he recommends?

1 Like

A few price points here lol but all would have different technicalities…

Traillii Ti. 8300 dollars. Limited to 199 unit.

Maybe if we all put up a kidney, we could share one…

9 Likes

Giving the hexa/a6/pandas a break and Listening to the sa6 ultra with the Hugo 2. Probably the most detail and clarity I have heard in an iem as of yet. The vocals are super close to you but yet it has a really nice stage and imaging for everything else. It’s like the mids have like super high definition ( 8k TV vs everything else?) It’s an intense but very impressive experience, never offensive/ultra analytical or dry. But still… probably not something you should be listening to before going to bed but im very much enjoying it :stuck_out_tongue: :yawning_face:

4 Likes

Aroma JAM → 1DD + 1BA + 1BA → $ 762

Another one, Aroma NEO → 1DD + 1BA → $ 418

Wonder if it’s actually a worthwhile step over the regular one, probably not, although I’m sure most of the units are already spoken for already anyways lol. Wish the trend of a “Ti” version doesn’t carry over to iems, it’s barely passable when it comes to daps, but really I don’t want a titanium version of iems just for looks especially if the iems weren’t designed with a metal shell in the first place

Imo from a purely looks standpoint I like the new special edition they came out with the black and red shell one considering it’s the same colors of the bird it’s named after, and it came out at the same msrp as the current traillii too, although this one claims no sonic improvement whereas the new ti version apparently focuses on improving the bass

2 Likes

Moondrop Droplet, single BA graph.

1 Like

2023 - the year of the tuck.

Boy - am I excited :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, brother :handshake:

I’m hoping this time around isn’t as bad as the first time last year. It just so happens January of 22’ I caught this beast and we’re going for round 2 almost a year later to the date :sweat_smile: so far, I’m good. No headache, no cough, no fever :white_check_mark: only thing is, my shoulders and neck are deathly sore - I mean, DAMN. I was driving yesterday on the highway and the pain was so immense I nearly pulled over.

But we’re vibin’ - Maestro Minis are in my ears most of the time throughout the day and we’re enjoying some painting tonight with the wife, so it’s all good :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I love the fact that the graph makes it to 3k, has a peak, and then just quits

2 Likes

drop-let … get it?! :clown_face:

6 Likes

Man it brings me immense joy seeing you are enjoying the Maestro Mini so much. Keep away from the alcohol or you just might have an episode much like I did with Panda.

5 Likes

I love these things, brother. Seriously.

Love. These. Things.

Best purchase I’ve made in the hobby so far and I don’t say that lightly. Thank you for making it happen :pray: formal post coming soon once I get my wits about me no doubt!

6 Likes

I’m so glad they went to a good home!

3 Likes

Man first chance I got to spend some time with the Xenns Mangird UP on the desk with the AKM Geshelli J2 DAC and A90D combo.

Firstly gotta give the folks at Geshelli credit the J2 is so damn nice. The A90D is a powerhouse and the tri-combo of the J2>A90D>UP = Magical Special Sauce right there.

The UP’S really shine with the AKM DAC and some power.

Have I achieved ENDGAME? Yeah as far as I want to go for now just nice not to want to put another earphone in even when I know I should be listening to another IEM for review.

Damn you Xenns Mangird or whatever your called good job. Funny this one never came across my radar I didn’t think I like dark ones but I guess that’s my thing, either that or the UP is special!

HBB you would like this one!

2 Likes

I’m going with special. There’s good reason it has made all my purges and still gets regular usage despite the Meteor, Mahina, SA6U and Panda trading blows with it for personal favorites. Unfortunately though I get why what I love about it would be hard to sell to others. Either way I’m stoked to see another UP lover in the forums. Seems that it gets passed up a lot maybe due to it being an “older” release. Hopefully it’ll gain traction with the lower price tag now. Pretty sure when I bought it nearly a year ago it was around $800 possibly more.

3 Likes