IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Perfect example of my concerns in fact - couldn’t keep it unblocked while pursuing a good fit with the DM.

Well, I think there is a solution if your really do want to leave it unblocked. BUT this IS a 1 way ticket.

That is, you could put a liquid sealant/adhesive around the nozzle, avoiding the vent.
And basically create an o-ring-like shape with a small gap left for the vent.

Maybe they would add some rigid sleeve with a notch in place for the vent to be used as a stopper of the tip placement? That would be a neat easy solution.
Other than that for someone willing to spend 5mins plus some olde KBEAR 07 tips it is also some kind of a way to go

I’ll see if the reviewers say anything about it once I have time to watch the rest

I’ll tell you what, U6t with the M20 filter is a good ol’ blanket

1 Like

I assume it’s using the same system as their other IEMs which means the tips do the work. The IE tips have two indents at different depths that can catch the lip on the nozzle. The system is kind of flawed though because it doesn’t take much pressure to make the tip go from the outer position to the inner one. Most times when I insert my IEMs the position changes to the point where I use an oring. I’m assuming an oring will block the vent though…

2 Likes

IIRC, the other IE iems dont have this vent on the nozzle.

A man has to know his limitations, hasn’t he?
I guess when you don’t do FR graphs and aren’t used to do relations between sound and FR graphs, there’s only so much you can do for tuning.

One could argue that doing no Collab would be best, but would you refuse the cash involved? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yup, can confirm. If you block that hole you get more bass on the DM, but I prefer it un-covered as the staging is wider to my ears.

3 Likes

They don’t have the vent but they have the two position system. The vent is just an added canal in the outside of the nozzle and doesn’t impact how the tip stays in the outer position which is what I was talking about

I wonder if the graphs are with hat hole covered or not now…

Any problems with having the tips stay on the un-covered vent position?

That’s a fantastic question - you can find some graphs of the DM with the covered Vent online here and there. So I too am wondering about the Senn - I may have missed two graphs overlayed however

1 Like

Nah the DM actually fits me perfectly. Never an issue. I get the seal but also not completely sealed like the AirPods Pros, if that makes sense. I don’t shove it too deep into my ears so it doesn’t block it - Guess I’m lucky for once because I get a seal without deep shove :v: Btw this is with the Hana 2021 tips.

I haven’t had any issues with this at all. Tips usually stay in place fairly well on the nozzle with the DM from my experience - unless the opening is excessively large.

1 Like

That is definitely what she said :smirk:

Senn won’t have different graphs since this is the first time the two positions affect sound. Do you have a link to the graphs for DM that show the two positions?

Pretty big difference

7 Likes

Well shit… Now I wish I bought @MMag05s DM :frowning:. I stayed away from it because it was too bass shy

2 Likes

Nice, thats the kinda effect we should be seeing from the IE200. Which also makes me believe that the graph shown by dms is the non blocked version. (totally not the basshead in me wanting more sub-bass.)

4 Likes