IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

You should ask FatFreq about the filter, they started putting them on the V1s now so they might have a solution for you.

3 Likes

oh right on well luckily i have to wait a bit anyway so ill keep my eye out for it to see comparisons thank guys

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually what Iā€™ve thought about just this morning right after my article I wrote. I was going to just try out some micropore tape but that was no good. Figured as such - thanks for the suggestion, brother - letā€™s hope the shipping from Singapore isnā€™t 4 months for 2 filters :clown_face:

1 Like

That will change the tuning, if you just need a protective filter. Get one like this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004967649995.html
(essentially zero damping.)

1 Like

I had a few but they were too small unfortunately- these are in my AE cart no doubt lol thanks for the suggestion!

Cables Shillers on HeadFi going strong.
I get spicy when I hear this load of crap.

ā€œFeel the beatā€ , ā€œWetā€ never heard terms like this used in a wire!

I like my bling cables and can honestly here a slight difference but honestly cables donā€™t make that much of a difference and most canā€™t tell stock one to a $2000 cable.

6 Likes

They go up to 5mm.

Yup - Iā€™m going to measure the nozzle of the MMs when I get the chance. The problem with them is that there is no inner lip like other IEMs so thereā€™s not much to hold onto for the filter. Iā€™ll just have to attach it to the outer rim and hope it stays in place.

If the FF MM V2 will have a bass and trebble boost is great news , I would suck up that base and slap a filter nozel on so sweet.

1 Like

I hope you hear back from them. I tried to use their chat feature last week to ask about the V2 and they never responded. No email either

I guess if a filter doesnt work, then u could try the low density foam like this.

Since the nozzle seems to be pretty wide, it should have minimal effect on the tuning, since the foam wont be compressed at least.

(and you could also just cut it in half if it does affect it slightly.)

2 Likes

I think @rattlingblanketwoman tried that without success

Yeah Iā€™ve heard theyā€™re so swamped with orders, their response time is at a snails pace unfortunately. I mean, Iā€™ll give it a shot regardless.

@Rikudou_Goku i appreciate that suggestion, brother - maybe Iā€™ll give em both a shot, might as well have extra tuning foam and nozzle filters lying around. Theyā€™re so cheap itā€™s not a risk whatsoever to try at the very least.

1 Like

What is that Gray cable all the way to the left?! Itā€™s gorgeous! Also - spending anything above $250 on a cable is absurd - even spending $250 is absurd but I do enjoy a nice looking cable.

To say it changes the sound completely is ridiculous ā€¦.

1 Like

Mostly used to describe a hose :man_shrugging: if not then I predict a short :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

That is by far my most favorite cable copper/silver/gold mix bla bla bla but itā€™s modular and so incredibly soft and flexable.

If I buy that one again I will ask for flat 2 pin.

C$ 90.04 5%OFF | HAKUGEI Joyful Voice Gold plated occ & litz silver plated occ & litz 6N occ 3.5 2.5 4.4 0.78 MMCX
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0YdiUe

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh yes - I had my eyes on that cable for a while. Waiting for it to go on sale tbh

Same cable but just OFCC , again you can ask for modular , earhooks if you wish and flat 2 pin are all options. In 4.4 it pretty cheap right now 1/2 everyone has it on.

C$ 37.49 40%OFF | HAKUGEI Lucky voice headset cable 2.5 3.5 4.4 0.78 mmcx
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqAdoGm

I just picked up the lucky voice actually:

Phenomenal feeling thing, really soft and supple.

2 Likes

Totally agree much softer than other fabric cables I have tried. Nice! congratulations.

Not to be cable shill but the Joyful Voice does sound a smidge softer on vocals to me.