IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Hey, does anyone know how I can increase input volume without clipping? Tried increasing mic input volume but I keep getting clipping messages and jagged measures.

Have you tried turning this up?
Uploading: Screenshot_20230206-172850062 (1).jpgā€¦
Have you tried turning your Macbook output volume up?

Ya. Itā€™s either not loud enough or too loud clipping and then jagged graphs :confused:

Username is VIVIDICI_111. Highest level in measurements is 111 dB SPL.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Conspiracy GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

Funny enough I randomly made that username so itā€™s even more of a coincidence LOL

1 Like

U12T REVIEW Hot take coming through:

Full write up in my thread, but basically the same as the video:

11 Likes

Timmyā€™s Galileo finally dropped, and itā€™s $100. Thatā€™s not the best or the worst price. So thatā€™s a good start

6 Likes

I was almost going to pull the trigger. But still havenā€™t forgiven LETSHUOER for the Kida Lava Fiasco and the horrible driver flex.

Then I asked myself do I need another Bass boosted IF Neutral Sound for 5x the Hola price.

Wallet got put away Q answered.

3 Likes

Oh dang lets gooo. Gonna grab them and let yaā€™ll know how they sound :))

6 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™ll take ā€œnot worrying about testing this outā€ very much

2 Likes

Quick question: How is not liking a particular IEM a ā€œhot take?ā€ I generally hear that phrase used to describe a controversial opinion. Unless youā€™re saying the hot take is not liking an IEM thatā€™s relatively popularā€¦:thinking:

I always thought a ā€œhot takeā€ was ā€œunrehearsedā€, so kind of a strong first impression that could be tempered or change completely later?

1 Like

See? This is why I was asking because it didnā€™t seem to make sense given what I thought a hot take to be. I know that when I used to post on reddit when folks said they were giving a hot take it was always some controversial (or at least what they thought was controversial) opinion meant to soubd edgy or provocative.

1 Like

Iā€™m not even sure Iā€™m right, itā€™s just how Iā€™ve always read it. I agree it tends to be things that expect a strong response from whoever see itā€¦ my assumption was that because it wasnā€™t rehearsed it might accidentally be offensive from being unfiltered, or have obvious rebuttals they havenā€™t thought about it enough to realize themselves, and so on. Repercussions from things that would be absent in a ā€œwarm takeā€?

I could still be wrong too, just lending my interpretation!

2 Likes

Hot take to me is just something thatā€™s generally not a popular opinion - ā€œan opinion that is likely to cause controversy or is unpopularā€ Urban Dictionary: hot take

1 Like

I think the usage and meaning of ā€œHot takeā€ have changed with the frequency of use; it used to be an off-the-cuff, immediate thought with close-to-zero regards for the consquences. Then, it became an opinion that went against the grain, meant to step on toes and make people reconsider notions. Now, it means ā€œIā€™m saying something almost wholly inoffensive, but Iā€™ll pretend that itā€™s a spicy opinion so only 30-45% of people will agree with it and make me seem like iconā€.

4 Likes

LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl: This is definitely what it has become for me.

That said, @VIVIDICI_111 and @rattlingblanketwoman providing their explanations definitely gave me a context that made sense. I had no idea it ever meant the unrehearsed or off-the-cuff take. TIL! :+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I always thought of hot take as an opinion that went against the masses however as its popularity has increased its become a somewhat ironic version of itself. Having said that, I think its somewhat fitting in @VIVIDICI_111 's case since as far as I have been in the hobby (not that long) the U12t has been at worst considered ā€œgood but not greatā€ so for him to say he really doesnā€™t like it would be pretty against the grain.

2 Likes

Yup wasnā€™t on purpose or anything, but just happened to go that way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has anyone here heard the Madoo Type 711? The driver config in these things is pretty crazy. I wish they were less expensive so a blind buy would be more feasible, but they have me intrigued regardless.