IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I was actually contemplating about this last night, I started appreciating how good my KL is after comparing to different sets like Symphonium Meteor and P1 Max. I started to appreciate how smooth everything is on my KL.

I feel like Letshuoer makes really good quality sounding IEMs and was thinking how good Galileo is, I do share the same sentiment though with KL. I was still a bit torn with the fiasco and a bit afraid with the fit issue again. Plus I’m still fully satisfied how smooth my P1 Max if I want something balanced.

3 Likes

I am also still amazed at how good my KL actually is.
I think us three all got the +3db version.
The free retuning is what saved Letshouer, at least from my side.
I don’t hold onto any negative feelings about that KL dilemma and just enjoy this brilliant IEM.
After all I think Letshouer really know what they are doing from the technical side and I would be happy to spend my money on another great set from them.
I would love to see an audiophile basshead flagship from them and would blind buy it in a heartbeat :grin:

3 Likes

Their support/Joseph is really superb handling requests, can’t argue with that :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

ATTENTION! This is not true. Joseph forgot my EJ07m that I sent to China 3 months ago for retuning and resin shell. I contacted him now, he didn’t seem very serious. Guess I’ll never see my set again! Be careful when shipping IEM to China!!! :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Joseph was great for me. Remember this is his side thing and it’s not what pays his expenses many don’t know that. LETSHUOER pays peanuts and the time and effort he has to put in for that is tremendous.

With that understanding, Just reach out I am sure Joseph will honestly try to help you out.

6 Likes

This. Just keep checking in and he’ll do his best, he definitely cares, believe me!

3 Likes

Yep, Joseph got my resin reshell done and turned around very quickly. It was a very quick and painless experience. Given the number of times he updated me and how much he helped, I was surprised when I found out that his rep work with Letshuoer isn’t his full time job.

5 Likes

That sucks, I know I saw a documentation somewhere. It’s easy to export something from China but it’s really strict to import something going inside. Maybe that was the reason why the courier asked me to double check and make sure I did provide the right company name on my label and they did try to confirm it online as well if the company name exists in China. Hope they find it! Sucks to loose an EJ :neutral_face:

That was my impression. It sound like it ( Galileo ) is very resolving, which is a big upside, and the treble being tuned down a bit seems like a good match for my preferences ( I would put the Tea and Tea 2 as my two favorites ). Those things don’t usually go together, so I am interested to hear it.

For $100 it isn’t the end of world, if I don’t fall in love. I am sure I will still like it, and the LetShuoer guys make good quality gear, and I still rank the S12 as a top 5 set for me, despite being brighter than my typically preferred gear.

1 Like

Guys, my friend has moondrop aria snow, but he told me he found it very sibilant and couldn’t stand it. I personally don’t feel that, so probably we have different taste. He now wants something else not sibilant as the aria snow, and also like an upgrade from it He has like 200$, any rec for him guys?

Sennheiser IE200 100%

3 Likes

IE 200 or P1 Max, I have not heard the former IEM but most reviews seem positive and judging by the graphs, they aren’t as bright as the Aria Snow.

I think a proper upgrade would probably be the Hook-X but it is a bit more expensive.

HeyDay, or P1 Max. I’d avoid the IE200 it’s not that good unless you tape mod it, and even then the mids and vocals are still recessed. Also lots of treble on the IE200, so ya.

That wasn’t my take vocals are great ( With the right tips) tape mod takes 1 min and the bass is fast and clean with dynamics.

Needs power
Probably - No definitely a better cable $20

If you put in the effort it’s a great IEM
Not everyone is willing to go the extra so might not be for everyone but definitely relaxed trebble but not missing unless you are a super technical chops person.
TDM

vocals are great, relaxed treble

Are we listening to the same IEM here :joy: A simple A/B test to the Quarks DSP/Variations shows you that the mids/vocals are congested and recessed; you can try this with auto EQ to get a feel of it. Treble has smooth dynamics, but it’s in no way “relaxed” - it’s very extended and forward. Timmy (Gizaudio), Chris (HBB), and all the reviewers I’ve watched (and myself included) all had the same thoughts :man_shrugging:

This is why reviews are called subjective and not everyone hears the same thing the same way.

Mindful thought of the day.
TDM

4 Likes

Crazy that the ie200 seems to be the most polarizing iem in a while. People either love if or hate it. And Ive seen Timmy video on the potential reason it but that cant be the only thing… its strange.

1 Like

Your right about that it’s a polarizing love / hate thing with the Senny’s.

After a few days not listening to the IE200 my first impressions have altered a bit in a good way.

After listening to mine again yesterday when I did my Cadenza’s second video, I was in amore analytical mood.

The IE200 has bass it goes low but the quantity is 1/2 of the Kiwi Ears Cadenza and OH10 It’s also faster and has more snap. You can tell it a smaller driver that can’t move a ton of air but that’s why it does have some treble details also because of that.

The highs definitely have way more extension and yes I would be not use the words laid back highs to describe the IE200 after more comparison.

Funny things about listening impressions it also changes on your mood.

I also think you have to be willing to experiment on the IE200 and put in some time - worth it again for me even knowing all the quirks.

I just enjoy it for what it is. And don’t regret spend a few hundred dollars on it.
Cheers T.D.M.

3 Likes

After a week with P1 Max w/ stock eartips I got a “listener’s fatigue” probably because of the sharp treble.

Surprisingly I don’t get fatigued on a U shaped Symphonium Meteor. Used Final E eartips on my P1 Max, seems like it helped a bit.

That goes for their HP’s too.

3 Likes