IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

This is really crazy how you can get caught in the most vulnerable moment off guard in this consumerism driven hobby.

I haven’t bought any iem/bud since October (apart from tryout/resell for 3 days of Cadenza 2nd hand), and I was evaluating any purchase for days (Olina SE, KBEAR Rosefinch, Heyday, Meteor and more) and ended up not buying anything in that period as I rationally am vary satisfied with what I have :dizzy_face:

Then suddenly out of a cue I bought random IEM after 5 min research for 100$ without even FR (and it may turn out unbearable if it has 4-5k peaks). And I know it happened just because I had huuuge business critical fire extinguished at my company today and I am at relatively relaxed state for the first time since more than 2 months…

5 Likes

Has anyone here used this and if so how well does it work with relatively thicker cables?

https://www.amazon.com/Degree-Rotate-Earphone-Clothes-Headset/dp/B08BL44TW4/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=cable+clips+for+earphones&qid=1676584415&sr=8-3

This clip will hold everything up to and including a 16-core Zonie cable, cal_lando. It’s MUCH more capable than any of the little clips I’ve had in the past, but be aware of how just big it’s going to be!

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! It is indeed big however I think that is what I will have to go with since my cable is pretty big as well

1 Like

Moondrop back with another same-ish iem…

1 Like

Pretty much the 7hertz Zero with less treble. Always welcomed, but that was done a long time ago :man_shrugging: Placed an order because I gave away my Zero and need another to compare with other cheaper IEMs. Hope there’s no metallic treble in this one :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I can hear @GooberBM screaming in agony somewhere. :rofl:

4 Likes

I can’t believe this is happening :laughing:

4 Likes

The Lan looks prettier ok!!!

:rofl:

1 Like

At least it has a removable cable … :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh ummmmmmm! sweet.

tbh that’ll probably be the buying point for me love the CHU but the cable sucks lol, hopefully price is good

I believe the price has been set at $40 USD If i’m reading correctly… steep for just a removable cable chu-type tuning but hey, if you love the chu, then this one’s for you! :sweat_smile:

Damn, that graph looks good. I hope 7th Acoustics become more available stateside soon.

1 Like

You’re doing the lord’s work, big dog. Let us know and speak the truth to your fellow, non-shill brothers!

Hope the new driver is good :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It sounds fantastic! I’ll do a review once i spend more time with them. So far i have no complaints. Extended treble, tasteful, defined bass, great dynamics and imaging. 7th accoustics is a one-man show in Indonesia. Each set is made to order.

2 Likes

These sound fantastic, I appreciate the impressions! I haven’t been able to find a way to purchase them stateside unfortunately, but I would absolutely be interested. It reminds me of the Dark Magician in a way. Small unit count, DIY in a sense, similar upper mids tuning. Looking forward to the proper review, brother!