IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I hate cables with a big circular y-split though. They always seem to bug the shit out of me. The rest of this looks pretty cool though so if you’re not held back by a neuroses regarding the split then, why not at this price? Which I think is kinda what Moondrop is hoping everyone will say, much like they did with the Chu.

Definitely post on the for sale thread saying you’re looking. Thus far I’m 4 for 5 on my “looking for xyz” threads resulting in whatever xyz is joining my collection. That’s better by a long shot than my ads on head-fi/reddit have ever done!

1 Like

Yeah that y split seems like a miss to me

2 Likes

still waiting for mine to ship…

They have the rubberized circular ones on the cable that comes with the Aria SE and SSP/SSR and it’s terrible. This one doesn’t look rubberized so it probably won’t be as bad, but even just the shape means it won’t be good.

At least it’s less jank than the splitter on the IE200 cable. Super reviews video showed it was just a piece of heatshrink

1 Like

I looked too was about to pull the trig on the official Alix store and gone. I wonder what’s up with that?

A bit more expensive than I was expecting. Interested though

3 Likes

…ahem

I am LESS interested in this now. This better had been tuned VERY well, compared to other Hidizs sets

3 Likes

I cannot unsee just how similar the faceplate is to a bike helmet… :rofl:

4 Likes

Bike helmets save lives though!

1 Like

Holy Jesus that price tag though :joy:

1 Like

Will it save the Hidizs though? :smirk:

2 Likes

AüR Audio Neon Pro

I bought them after having talked with a friend that has similar taste in music and sound as me, took a little over 1 month for delivery. So basically a blind buy, I had big expectations. 10 BAs each side, 6 Sonions and 4 Knowles, handmade in Singapore by Abel.

What I were after was a better all BA IEM that would beat my SA6 in timbre and resolution. The sound is reminiscent of my ZMF Verite(Universe Suede Pads), highly resolving. Smooth and natural sounding mids, treble that’s detailed but gives no fatigue. Bass sounds like DD, if I had heard them without knowing its a BA IEM I would have believed it was DD.

Did I get my improved SA6, more than yes. Still need loads of more time to truly know them, but for now I give praise to Abel and Nicholas from AüR. Pure Excellence.

9 Likes

When they asked you to guess on price I said $299-$399 Bob Barker is laughing at me.

2 Likes

I really did want to give the MS5 a chance…but at that price, I’ll just blind buy the EA2000 instead, for sure

I can relate, the Penon Serial has been on my list for a while, but is at the upper edge of my price range.

It doesn’t help that the budget sets have been crazy good lately.

Paul Wasabii posted a great video on the Simgot EA500

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Topping DX1 ?

I know it is entry level, with a dual AKM. They claim it can output 280mWx2 @32Ω and 51mWx2 @300Ω, which seems pretty solid at that price ( $100 ).

Also in along the line of gear nobody seems to be talking about, any info about the Tin T4 Plus? It looks like an brighter version of C3 ( which looked like a nice set for $50 ), with the old style metal shell, and bigger price tag ( $120 ).

1 Like

Some of the new AKM stuff looks promising I am just worried the implementation is poor and this the SQ?