IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

eh, a Schiit magni is like 10x that power.
https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-plus
And u can just use an apple dongle for the dac to keep price low. Should still end up better.

2 Likes

Aye Amp > Dac :+1:

Meanwhile Sony (NW-A306)

:man_facepalming:

:fire::fire::fire:

Presentation, design, and build is 10/10 so far.

The case it came with is a tank

15 Likes

You should post this over on the “Dope Looking IEM” thread. Design is stunning.

3 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

Okay, okay Kiwi Ears. You can take your time. You don’t have to try to go so hard!

6 Likes

I don’t know if I need the power, but that it is a good point.

I still have not owned a Schitt, but have been debating something for my desktop. I was thinking about the ZenDac V2 for a while, but you can get similar power on dongle dacs at half the price.

Your Apple dongle, plus the 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA cable is under $20, and I can add the Modi later, if I want matched components.

1 Like

They certainly are in try-hard mode.

2 Likes

Agreed slow down KiwiEars!

I just had my first listen to the Orchestra Lite.

Nice mid bass speed and texture, nice vocals relaxed upper end like 80% EA500 but warmer and slight more vocal forward if that’s possible?

5 Likes

So I’m guess the new Letshuoer Cadenza is gunning for the U12t’s 12 BA driver :crown: then?

V’s

1 Like

The Cadenza has a DD for bass. I wouldn’t say it sounds close to U12t. Bass is less elevated for sure.

I’m going to have another audition soon and will share some thoughts.

The shell build quality is spectacular. Treble was a bit intense for me at first listen but there was lots to like in the mids.

2 Likes

Some FiR Audio RN6 impressions:

1 Like

The Moondrop LAN is what we expect from Moondrop in terms of tuning. While not a bad thing to my ears, some hobby veterans may find it too familiar. However, the Moondrop LAN is a surprisingly competent performer from a technical perspective. I would go so far as to say that the LAN is to the Aria what the Moondrop Starfield was to the Moondrop KXXS, which is to say the lion’s share of the performance for a substantially lower price.

My full review is available in my HiFiGuides thread.

1 Like

Anyone interested in buying a YanYin x HBB Mahina in Mint condition?

Check out the full rant on the main channel, lol, i enjoyed it :smiley:

4 Likes

So those bad boys are in town. Very heavy, nicely built, but questionable esthetics for my taste. HUUUUGE nozzle, even bigger than Truthears Zero, so I have a problem with putting my favourite tips on to get proper seal for this heavy bass they (VE acolytes) were talking about (just in case - the picture is with the stock tips right out of the package - the dirt is from the transportation, not my ears :face_vomiting:). They have very low profile, so they are very comfortable though

Because I have problems with seal right now it is hard for any rational conclusions - I hear big bass potential, but it is not as prominent as I would expect (though Bad Kingdom by Moderat is heaaavy and somewhat muddy).
Treble is not as harsh on the other side as I was afraid, though snare hits from Spoon kills me as usual.

Overall better than expected, but I was unlucky enough that I was listening to MESTs for past few days (mastering of songs of Sufjan Stevens on them is :fire:), so it is hard to be amazed with anything in comparison

Ed: with large spinfits W1 the bass is sooo rumbly, like wtf! I now know where the comparison to Maestro Mini comes from! From my memory SIE is less clean, but not bad still!

7 Likes

2 Likes