IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

8 Likes

You already are listening to that, itā€™s EN1000 lol

2 Likes

Wellllll we canā€™t have the best of both worlds :joy: Itā€™s not too bad, but donā€™t go expecting Variations or OG Monarch levels of clarity/separation, or Hexa

2 Likes

How are we even friends, when we have such opposed preferences of midbass? :sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Oh, I love mid-bass - just not with certain genres. For most of my library Iā€™d take an EJ07M style of bass-shelf, but for the odd hiphop session Iā€™ll pull out the Rosefinch or something :joy:

2 Likes

Anybody take a look at the XSL X-One Iem?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805089886631.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.3.64e4226fq9D62w&algo_pvid=a3d3ad0d-3b06-4977-91a5-810cb17fb307&algo_exp_id=a3d3ad0d-3b06-4977-91a5-810cb17fb307-1&pdp_npi=3%40dis!USD!110.0!45.1!!!!!%4021227a0f16840966006762457d0788!12000032454455711!sea!US!2265345790&curPageLogUid=WHEK8BmTm4zY

I seen some people tear it down and say that it has like the same or similar driver to the MiM Dark Magician. Only person that I had seen talk about it is like Akron on youtube and Kenyon on headfi.

1 Like

Supposedly Penon will list their 10th Anniversary IEM on their web page today, 15/05.

I wonder if they fixed the security issues, cause something tells me that a lot of people are gonna put an order for it.

Itā€™s live and is $500 yikes thatā€™s a bit higher than a lot of guesses around here

1 Like

Uhhhā€¦what?

I literally guessed (and then confirmed) it would be $499 lol

I told you this. Considering ISN EST50 and Sound Rhyme DTE500 both come in at $450, this is the low end of what I was expecting. $500 for a tribrid from Penon is competitive

1 Like

My bad I thought everyone was mentioning some sort of anticipated sale for those on the email list. Admittedly I havenā€™t been that active doing a good job keeping up on post. Just my personal opinion but, I donā€™t believe I free unknown branded gift amounts to a sale for an item I may not want to keep nor can anticipate its resale capability.

2 Likes

Okay, that was me too. But it was pointed out that Penon wasnā€™t planning on doing a price cut offer in their newsletter this time, and they didnā€™t. That is true

$499 Dual DD , Full Sonion BA / EST includes fee gift $125-$225 and a second special edition real leather case shipped later but includes the blue one as well!

No discount but the value is there with the full Sonion driverā€™s in there.

6 Likes

Got an order in and will get it graphed.

16 Likes

Anyone know if this will be a limited release?

Not gonna lie, for that price, Im disappointed by the aestheticsā€¦

I know I know, we mainly care about the sound, but still.

7 Likes

Itā€™s not limited release but the word on the street is the $499 pricing will be short-term and then it will increase to $599

Itā€™s a mix of the Penon Fan 2 and Penon Volt aesthetics. I bet itā€™ll look better in person, than it does in photos (like Serial and Fan 2 before it)

3 Likes

These two look fantastic. I am strongly drawn to their aesthetic. I think Serial will fit a lot of my smoother sounding library as well. :wink:
The new IEM looks good, but itā€™s not at the level of Fan2 and Serial, sorry!

2 Likes

Well my point is that I didnā€™t think Fan 2 looked very good in the promotional pictures and once I got it, I was way more impressed with the aesthetic.

I dunno if the 10th will be that way, but Iā€™m not going to call it ugly or be disappointed until people actually have it in hand to judge

1 Like

I was also skeptical about the 41T based off the press photos, but the real life photos had me sold