IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Thanks for the contribution, brother - I threw so many recs at her, she finally got fed up and asked me to give it a rest for a little :sweat_smile:

The Olina SE is a very great, safe choice for most people in my opinion. It does everything well, and the tuning is very inoffensive. I did not try a double filter mod while I had it in my possession, hell, I have to admit, I didnā€™t even use them period :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I honestly take the Superlux HD681 EVO in stock over the fostex planar if we talking stock. (I got the T20RP MK3)

The 681 evo also has pretty crazy mod potential and easy to do.

2 Likes

Just note that HD681 are semi open (K240 style) and T20 are open back with different tuning to T40, so not exactly apples to apples. T40s are closed with solid isolation.

Its a single small vent that is either being dampened a lot or not at all, its really not what most people would call an ā€œopen-backā€ as that is something like the Sennheiser HD600 or the Hifiman Sundara.

Thank you for the review. Iā€™m probably in the minority here but the EA500 was not my jam. Super happy though that so many are enjoying it given itā€™s price to technical performance. Iā€™ve never heard of Whizzer before though now if I see a forum post pop up about it know itā€™s best for me to avoid.

1 Like

Everyone is entitled to their own opinionsā€¦ Even if itā€™s wrong. I havenā€™t heard it, so I have no opinions beyond it looks good.

An interesting podcast :+1:

Performer 8 Review done :fire: Was really fun making this and yā€™all get to see me for the first time :))

15 Likes

That was a funyon! Enjoyed the new-look of the review

refrains from making jokes about never doing it again though
:smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks bro :sunglasses: Editing took way too long :rofl: Gotta change some stuff up like mix, lighting, etc, but I really enjoyed it too.

:eyes: whatā€™s the mod? how does it compare to sundara?

Oh man this was AFUL! AFULly amazing. Digging the new style. Would still be nice to have a mix of the old and the new. Itā€™s nice to finally have a face to associate with after all our conversations. Keep on crushing bro! Your easily my favorite video reviewer.

3 Likes

My latest vid on the new KiwiEars Dolce

KiwiEars DOLCE - A Better Cadena 100%

3 Likes

Oh stop it Mag youā€™re making me blush :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks for the kind words man - Iā€™m thinking Diva soon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi, looking at earbuds out of the choice between the fiio ff3 and Sambat ST-20pro or M4 which would be my first best option. I like bass so wanting decent for buds bass

Sorry, I am selling the modded version as my ā€œRulerā€.

1 Like

Sennheiser US has promo for IE600 for 349$ā€¦ Probably a bit overpriced at MSRP, but with that price I think it is quite crazy if your ask me

4 Likes

From the other thread, it looks like a pricing mistake they backtracked on.

1 Like

Likely, but better question is if they will honor the people that bought it during that time.

2 Likes

I was lucky to get a Lumia 1020 back in 2013 unlocked at a silly price due to an Amazon listing mistake, some peopleā€™s did get canceled but mine went through! Really liked that phone.

1 Like