IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

KBear Ormosia is the absolute closest thing to what you’re asking for that I can come up with, that’s not Panda (which may be more forward than you want anyway)

I have the panda too. Sadly, I was victim of Chinese QC, and as per nymz measurements, it sounds more like a slightly tames s12 than the real thing everyone praises. I still hesitate to grab another pair, just out of frustration. :grimacing:

2 Likes

KBear Ormosia is all I got for you then, while keeping you on a budget

Thanks, I’ll check it out

1 Like

I think it is a valid point, but it depends on the type of music that you listen too.

I tend to listen to a lot of drum and bass (it is almost 60/70% of my music). So, in my case I guess it is more important.

I’ll play with EQ a little bit and see how it sounds. Thanks

1 Like

I do too. And I’m not saying it does nothing and that I would EQ to that and listen all the time. But I LOVE sets that have roll-off below 60Hz and it doesn’t hurt them all that much.

But the difference between 40Hz and 80Hz, when we consider sub-bass (and the transition into midbass), is a big one. 80-200Hz is way more vital to have proper bass energy and tonality, than 20-80Hz

3 Likes

I mainly listen to rap and while its not every song, a lot of them have hits between 40-80. Its rare anything is going below 40 and you would need like 15db of bass to really feel it imo. I realized IEMs just aren’t gonna be where I get my big sub bass hits from so I have been putting more importance/enjoyment in the upper sub and mid bass regions

4 Likes

I’m intrigued by Penon brand, from reviews it seems that the Vortex has a fast and detailed DD.

Does someone have both Timeless and Vortex to tell me a brief comparison between them?

I guees that the next step on fast and detailed DD iem is IE600, but it is too expensive for me.

Simgot EA500 does that style at a significantly better price than Vortex. Simgot EN1000 is better than EA500 and still comes in cheaper than Vortex

6 Likes

For something like dnb, can confirm the EA500 is smashing. If @GooberBM says the EN1000 is even better, I’d trust him. Man’s always trying to help people find what they are after as if it was his day job

5 Likes

I agree. The Vortex is a great single DD but it’s a bit expensive. Also vocals are pretty recessed in case that is not your thing.

The IE600 is better in every way as long as you can handle the treble

Good Lord, Simgot just keeps making good IEMs. That one looks pretty dope too.

1 Like

EN1000 actually came first. Then EA500 came. I haven’t tried EA2000 yet but I will get to it.

Then EW100 and 200 hit the sub-$50 market, and EM6L is their upcoming hybrid flagship.

They found a tuning that hits, put really good drivers in their IEMs, rinse and repeat

4 Likes

They must have limited who get to sell that model. I buy most of my gear on Linsoul or Amazon, and I haven’t seen the EN1000 on either. Amazon is showing it as currently unavailable. Oddly enough Amazon has a EN700 PRO, EM2R ( 1BA + 1 DD ), MT1, and MT3. Plus they have an AKM dongle DAC.

1 Like

Simgot were a little stingy with putting their sets on Amazon. I bought mine from their US Amazon through their Amazon JP seller as an import sale. It never got a direct-to-US sales option that I remember.

My first EA500, I bought the same way, but when the hype finally exploded on it is when they opened up to Linsoul who sells it, and they had a finite amount that they sold direct through their SIMGOT Amazon seller.

I’m still waiting for EW200 to show up on Amazon lol

2 Likes

I ordered my EW200 on Linsoul, so who knows when it will show up. My last order from them took nearly a month. :crossed_fingers:

edit -
I cracked my Tea 2 out this weekend, and I had forgotten how much I really like that IEM. I have been listening to the PR2, P1 Max and EA500 over the last week, and wanted a change up.

5 Likes

Its a pretty sweet IEM

6 Likes

Very interesting :eyes::eyes: wonder what other reviewers and early adopters will think about the Quintet!

8 Likes

Gonna be interesting to see where Precog takes this :+1:

3 Likes

Precog cannot be trusted. He is addicted to the Helios series. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes