IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Mark liked them :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, I prefer it over the Vulkan (which gets a lot of love here).

3 Likes

Not very well. Dunu stuff doesnt respond well to PEQ for some reason.

Could tape the inner vent though.

3 Likes

they are using est drivers for after 10k frequencies and as you can see, the fr drops like crazy after that. it will sound muffled and edgeless compared to other treble boosted sets that go for that upper treble boost.

it kinda gives the sense that you are paying 60% of the sets price for the est drivers in it ( they are like 150$ per pair so 2 pair for left and right=300$) but you are not getting your moneys worth and the ests are going to waste, and if dark sounding iem is what you are after then why pay almost all the iems price for a quite treble and sub optimal est implementation when you can just spend way less and get a darker set.

2 Likes

The EST112 is anything but a dark set.

3 Likes

im not talking about the lower treble and mid treble ( the areas where the ba is producing the frequencies), they are fine if you are not sensitive to 5k area but im talking about the upper treble that is just missing where they used ests for it.

1 Like

Its not as bad as it looks on the graph.

3 Likes

yeah, its more accurate compared to defuse field target against other sets that have unnatural boosted upper treble. in fact boosted upper treble is not natural at all. take a look at this graph, the upper treble is much more natural than prestige, but needs 5 to 8 db boost to be dead neural on dunu. to the average human ear the dunu will sound much more correct than other sets above.

3 Likes

I gave them a try when they were pretty new, loved the build, loved the reverb, found the EST treble not the best implemented as far as it did sound separated from the rest a bit. Definitely a good value especially at the used prices (frequently 300-350). I didn’t have enough money to hold onto it at the time so I wasn’t super thorough beyond the above observations.

3 Likes

oh boy

7 Likes

Rollercoaster you have there, and that low end hump is where the BC driver is aimed at?

1 Like

Yes, its an LRA driver.

A…

of a graph :grimacing:

Will need modding. But hopefully has potential after it.

(although Hi-Fri said he liked it more than the Krila.)

2 Likes

Hopefully you can break that colt lol good luck sir :+1:

2 Likes

Sunday roll up

First the bad: Flicker Ears Flow (1 DD)
Nice box, presentation and shell and that’s all I can say positive about this.

The tuning speaks for itself :clown_face: Interdasting

Rating: Not a great plan

Now something more positive: realme Buds Air 5 Pro

Fit and build is standard good. TWS always seem to come out of the same factory, so whatever.
The app follows the standard template of TWS apps and is usable. LDAC capability is a welcome feature. The 6-band eq is a joke. Tunable FR bands:

• 100 Hz
  • 170 Hz
  • 400 Hz
  • 4000 Hz
  • 9000 Hz
  • 12000 Hz

The drivers inside are technically very capable, the 11 mm DD sounds clean, punchy and big. The planar driver sounds like a real planar. Ultrafast, detailed and lasersharp and here comes the problem: realme overdosed the planar energy in the standard tuning.
It’s spicy as hell.

Even with my custom tuning it’s still too much. Seems the eq is not very effective.

After getting accustomed to the treble energy the Air 5 Pro sound pretty good. For me these are only listenable with a custom profile with 12khz tuned all the way down. For trebleheads these might even be very good. You get 2 quality drivers with a spicy planar flavor for a good price.

Rating: 3 donkeys out of 1 kitchen

5 Likes

In your opinion freebuds 2 pro is the best sounding TWS on the market right now? I am looking for TWS and I see them second hand almost new for like 70$ in here

iem + TRN BT20XS

1 Like

yes, still the best. 70$ is a steal.

2 Likes

Er…1More, 1DD + 4 “planar”??? What…

2 Likes