IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Actually the Isine comes up in the used market in Denmark from time to time - could be worth the look. Alternative is the GoldPlanar Gl20s (still my most used IEM)

1 Like

@Coma - i have a set of Sony MDR EX800ST for sale if you’re interested in pursing the open-IEM side. European based. PM if interested.

But personally I would go with the Rikubuds as they fit the brief better.

1 Like

Wut

1 Like

Sorry - corporate arseholery slipped out - FML :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Fit the brief for non-UK community members = fit the bill = suitable for a particular purpose.
Brief = an assignment or scoping

I am just gonna stop digging a hole

ANYWAY… :man_shrugging:

MORAL OF THIS STORY

JUST BUY RIKUBUDS

8 Likes

If you speak to your mates for online gaming, there are software solutions to get the mic signal into the speaker signal (like the windows options “hear the mic” but with volume/mix management).

I know of steelseries Sonus (require an online registration) and voicemeeter (free) that allow this kind of things.

I assumed that “Brief” was autocorrected from “Bill” somehow. Today I learned something!

4 Likes

So i decided to go for some Rikubuds guys :D!
@Rikudou_Goku :slight_smile: Thank you!

10 Likes
4 Likes

I was looking at graphs on the 7Hz Sonus, and it looks a lot like the Galileo and Hexa, but with a different pinna gain.

Overall I like the idea of that scoop from 2-4k, but what does an early pinna do to the sound?

1 Like

Vocals are more forward vs Hexa, and more air than Galileo. It’s basically if you combined the Hexa + Galileo. Layering Hexa is still better, but overall I’d take the Sonus over those two. Does the clean/Harman the best so far :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, that sounds pretty amazing.

I enjoy the Galileo, but always think it could use a bit air. That price ($60) is crazy for a hybrid.

2 Likes

No joke, my brother says “fits the brief” all the time. As far as I know he has never been to the UK, but he has the corporate arsehole part covered so apparently it has skipped across the pond somehow. :rofl:

3 Likes
3 Likes

They had me until I saw Kickstarter

2 Likes

Great question.

Overall, having the peak around 2k and not 3k means there’s more energy to the sopranos and usually comes with more fatigue. This effect is somewhat nulled if the FR keeps going flat (lets say 2k-4k) and more accentuated if there’s dips after it.

An effect that usually comes with this tuning is added bite to the male vocals, usually making them more lively and forward, which is usually a good thing.

1 Like

More info:
Hidizs MP145 information
Official Launch Date:
September 6th, 9:30 am EST (HK Time: 9:30 pm)

Price:

1. Super Early Bird - $109 USD
  2. Early Bird - $119 USD
  3. MSRP - $199 USD

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hidizs/hidizs-next-gen-ultra-large-planar-hifi-iems-9-sound-types?ref=3ndx2b&token=3a5ad691

5 Likes

Thanks for info, that is good stuff.

I do tend to like IEMs that get flat after that first peak. P1 Max and Tea come to mind, but even the S12 does that to some extent, it just has a bigger first peak.

1 Like

Been making a list of companies that are related to each other (as far as we know).

KZ = CCA = Joyodio = G.K
Fiio = JadeAudio
TRN = CVJ
Penon = ISN
Linsoul = ThieAudio = KiiBOOM = HarmonicDyne = Tripowin
LZ = Semkarch
Tieandirenhe (OEM) = Magaosi (?) = PaiAudio (?)
Audiosense = Tingker = FloAudio
Moondrop = Truthear = Softears
GS Audio (OEM) = Leisurely Audio (OEM) = Fearless Audio
Kinera = Queen of Audio = Celest
Tin Hifi = TKZK
KBEAR = TRI = CCZ = ND = Keephifi
GeekWold = GEEKFLY
Samsung = Harman Kardon = JBL = AKG
Apple = Beats
Blon = Bosshifi
Sony = Audeze = JustEar
Edifier = STAX
Anker = Soundpeats
7Hz = Salnotes
Ocharaku = Co-Donguri
JVC = VICTOR
Final Audio = ag
Tempotec (OEM) = Hidizs
TRINITY (SCAMMERS) = IMR (SCAMMERS)
Klipsch = Onkyo = Pioneer
Xiaomi = 1More
Hisenior = Febos
SIVGA = Sendy Audio
Logitech = ASTRO = Ultimate Ears
MiM = Tigerism

If there is any other ones u know, pls let me know.

24 Likes

Moondrop relsted to Softears, no?

2 Likes

:+1:

8 Likes