IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Has anyone tried asking XINHS to price match?

Good question, havent heard that before so probably no.

and you’re in the hustle to find well priced cables from established cable maker guys :open_mouth::smiley:

1 Like

I use XINHS because they are friendly, customisable, great options and priced well.

4 Likes

Agree all my dealings with them have been 5* customer service too :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah I tried talking to CEMA before and well they are overpriced af and doesnt write in english.

With Hakugei, they are priced well and have good customisation with decent customer service but they screwed up my custom orders too many times.

1 Like

I’ve used this company before for adapters - raw materials were excellent for the price but connectors and workmanship was not the greatest but for the money very good. Had a few usb-c to lightning/usb-c short Dongle/DAC cables from them die pretty quickly…but at like c.€3-€5 you don’t care as much.

They are super weird as a company though - so they open up new shops in different verticals sporadically with the only aligning factor being the FD in the name. So FDBro, FDBoy, etc etc
An example is they also sell sports equipment like weightlifting belts from one of their stores… So I think they are just a middleman wholesaler

FDBROSport Store

3 Likes

aa thanks for the headsup on the durability.

I thought I recognized that FD name, I have seen their cheap FDbro adapters.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002021689818.html

2 Likes

oh right, jc also got the TRN BT20xs and seems I dont have a golden unit with an infinite energy reactor in it.

(no wonder I still havent needed to recharge mine yet lol.)

2 Likes

6D bass for a dollar :grin:

3 Likes

how is the resin on the iem, I’ve been looking out for these

Are these really only $18.80 bucks Linsoul?

Yeah, cheap af.

1 Like

To be fair in not a huge fan of resin iems so my answer might be prejudiced but they feel a bit hollow and plasticy I preferred the feel of the Mangird Tea and Tea2 to be honest. the 10th AE are very light though and you don’t really feel them in your ears.
After a solid 5 hour listening session today I appreciate what they do and quite enjoy them as long as you don’t think to hard about what they don’t do.

A very easy warm listen with a thick, old hifi 2 channel signature. I could work editing photos and enjoy the music without being distracted by details, they did not take me away from my work at hand like some of my best iems that I find impossible to use while editing.

1 Like

FYI: Teas are also resin iems.

I know I’m saying I prefer the build of the teas as an example of a resin iem I don’t mind. I also have the Yanyin Aladin and the FiiO FA7 which feels better and more robust it just sounds MEH. I prefer metal iems

what discord server are you people on? can I get an invite?

Thinking of slightly upping my game. I have several sets around the $100 range, some slightly above. Currently loving the Kiwi Ears Quartet and the Simgot EA500 the most. I’m looking to go around $200 and considering the Kiwi Ears Quintet or Orchestra Lite, or the Aful 5. Any thoughts or suggestions about my possible choices would be appreciated.

Calling @GooberBM with his upgrade matrix guide.

If you arent in a rush, it is better to wait for 11/11. both for the sales and for all the new stuff to be out by then.

1 Like