IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Oof, I‘m really sorry to hear that, both in regards to your video and the IEM.

That is both unacceptable (not just given the price), but also really sad to see, because the Diva is such an excellent set and one of the best, if not the best set I have had the pleasure of listening to purely for vocals alone.

It‘s sad to see such an incredible set be tainted by QC issues and subpar to unacceptable customer service :confused:

3 Likes

I would show this to Elysian and have no further business with them:
giphy

3 Likes

Doesn’t clicking the link open up your channel? Maybe add a vid on your yt warning others of your experience

Anyone know anything about these???

TINGKER by audiosense Three Balance Armature Hi-end inear monitor earphone with 0.78 2PIN cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIHulfd

Current stacked promotions makes them >65% off.

nice and easy to open :v: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Have these in my cart right now. I can’t resist a bargain but lack of impressions and no squig is making me hesitant.

2 Likes

For reference I just spent the last 3 days with a couple of tribrids, one got much more time than the other, and going back to a single DD (Simgot EN1000 with very slight mods) at the end of it, I much prefer it.

A lot of driver techs come with a particular flavor which can be distracting, most especially when there are 2/3 flavors that are clearly different going on. It’s near impossible for me to just listen to the music instead of listening to “the bass” “the mids” and “the highs”. I don’t know if I can speak to “coherency” because I think that’s meant to be about varying speeds of drivers and for the most part I’m lost there.

Something can be engaging and impressive but not necessarily natural.

10 Likes

I think I tend to think a traditional BA+dynamic hybrid mix usually has the best results for me. To my mind it’s like a 2.1 speaker setup anyway with the dynamic being the sub in this case. Don’t know if that’s how it usually translates lol.
Though I suppose subs aren’t universally loved by speaker snobs too.

4 Likes

There is a store provided graph though.

Audiosense graphs are usually pretty accurate.

Thanks! I don’t know how I missed that.

I should make it clear. The Perpetuas aren’t all-rounders like the Twilights so they don’t overthrow or replace them. That said when listening to something in their wheelhouse they’re insanely good.

4 Likes

What’s the best IEM right now at a reasonable price? As far as detail, sparkly treble and good bass goes

I’m going to stay under $150 for my definition of “reasonable” price:

IMO, best details with just enough (or just lacking) quantity of bass but good quality: Simgot EA500
IMO, best bass with enough detail and sparkles: Raptgo Bridge (silver nozzle)

other options I recommend: Fiio JD7 for bass, TinHifi P1 Max for planar details, Kinera Celest PhoenixCall (if you’re adventurous overall).

What I feel the public will say more of:

Best details: Sound Rhyme SR5
Best bass: Simgot EM6L (this I dunno if I fully believe it)

If you went into $200+ for budget:

Best details: Kiwi Ears Quintet
Best bass: Shortbus Audio Glamdring

7 Likes

Don’t forget to check out Kiwi Ears Quartet

Edit: I’ve had them for three days and this is a perfect balanced IEM with decent technicalities. There is no need to go cheaper. I use them with switch in off-on position.

1 Like

Is the LZ A7 worth a punt? I’m intrigued by the combination of tuning possibilities

If you can find it for around 200 usd, I say it is worth it. But above that and I dunno if it competes with the recent stuff.

2 Likes

My review on Sound Rhyme DTE900 is out, my first model from Sound Rhyme turned out to be a beast of an IEM.
It’s clearly one of my favourites now. Best tribrid under 1000$, yes I think so.
Feel free to read if it’s of any interest. You have to go over to the dark side at head-fi.

DSCF3401.jpg

22 Likes

They have a dark mode? :smile:
It’s like they’re run by vampires who’ve never heard of sunlight—except they invite you in just to blind you!

2 Likes

This set quite literally made me stop looking for “my next purchase”. Chances are I won’t find anything I value more within my budget. I simply adore this set. I wholeheartedly recommend it as well for anyone who listens to a lot of electronic music. Never had a set that does everything this well and fun.

My best description of the DTE900 would have to be a bass-lovers “audiophile” choice. You get top notch soundstage and details, ontop of extremely good bass. Not basshead bass, but fast and impactful bass. Bass peak is still below the highest peaks in the mids and treble, so the bass doesn’t feel overbearing.

My only two gripes with this set is long term comfort (in which I am the odd one out, it seems) and I would have liked a few more dB of bass below 80Hz. Besides that I think it’s my first set I’d say gets close to being perfect. Sound-wise it’s a 9/10, which means it’s almost unbeatable. While I still think the Simgot EA500 is still king in price to performance overall, the Sound Rhyme DTE900 would be something like the EA500 of it’s price bracket

The balance between the frequencies reminded me of the Juzear 41T. Looked up the graphs and behold:

Big thanks to @ToneDeafMonk for the graphs!

18 Likes

Your photos and write-ups never cease to amaze me, dude. I have to know your secret when it comes to the lighting. It’s all so smooth and well diffused. Well done :+1:

6 Likes