IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

1 Like

Anyone here have a pair of BLON BL-A8 Prometheus? Not going to lie they look pretty cool imo but what I am looking for is the sounds, I hope the sounds from those are like BL-03 2.0 or at least close to it. Maybe in the near future I might grab a pair of those, but I have to stop spending too much on IEMs for I have other things that I want to get besides IEMs and Headphones.

ā€¦Help.

1 Like

A8 Prometheus?

Oh shit Prometheus xD yeah right that one. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

In stock via Amazon/Linsoul UK on the 25 of June if anybodyā€™s interested UK wise :+1:

1 Like

ā€¦weird itā€™s already available here in my place.

shitā€¦

Theres a BGGARā€™s video about it. I was going to pull the plug but Im gonna wait for a while. I only want a8 because of the looks, might get it on discount some day :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s actually 2 vids by BGGAR about a8: the unboxing and the Blon shootout that came out yesterday :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I heard a lot of good things about the fh3. The thing is it seems to be a set for enjoyment, and I lean more towards analytical stuff. From what I read, the main strength of the fh3 is the bass quality. It could be interesting for me to test that, but I prefer miss/highs, I think. for now at least: Iā€™m still a noob concerning audiophilia and havenā€™t determined what my real preference is. All I can say currently is that I need a certain amount of stage and imaging: the hd6xx really is lacking in that regard, hence my preference for the Hifiman he400i.

In that sense, I guess the aria is the best choice: the Harman targeted tuning is a good reference point for the future choices Iā€™ll make.

Just save yourself some money and get Etymotic ER2SE for $49. The only thing this IEM kinda lacks is some sub-bass. It truly shines in ā€˜technicalitiesā€™ (neutral sounding/details/timbre)

https://www.adorama.com/etyer2se.html?sdtid=14405222&emailprice=t&sterm=VkLWhQ3VXxyOWyrwUx0Mo34GUkE0DX2hLwav2w0&sterm=1IPU8DxqExyLTIxwUx0Mo3YgUkERwyQBRRmBVo0&utm_source=rflaid62905

I think the A8 unboxing was on twitter? the A8 intro, main review and the Blon family is deffo on Youtube :+1:

Yep, I mixed the unboxing and the intro.

I have them in my scope for a while, but Iā€™m too afraid of the fit. I donā€™t really like putting something this deep in my holes :shushing_face:

Man, that price!! How can it be so low, as the regular price more like 130ā‚¬. Iā€™ll def. Check this site.

Why is it that Shure SE846 practically got wiped from relevance? I bought a (used) set back in January and i really like them. They have amazing detail and imaging. Only thing I probably shouldnā€™t have done is invest so much in the Shure foam tips. I bought so much of them that theyā€™ll last me a lifetime. Unfortunately i canā€™t use them on my Tin T4.

1 Like

There are multiple different style tips for the etymotic er series, but yes the fit can take a little getting used to. Honestly though they are so light that once you get used to the earplug style fit you can easily forget they exist besides the fact the outside world seems to disappear even with no audio playing.

I got my Er2xr off of Amazon for right about $80 US and it was the ā€œlimited editionā€ with an iPhone dongle in the box.

New, shiny things overshadow old. They are like 7 years old now, right? Hard to keep a name in this moving industry. Shure has never been too popular in the audiophile community, very professional focused with some cans that hit the right notes.

1 Like

I busted out the olā€™ Reecho x Peacock Springs again today for a nice walk, and they hold up! Shame that the ā€œseasonsā€ series faltered with Summer and never went anywhere else.

2 Likes

Good morning! I wanted to buy a sight watch with great bass, but I could only buy 80 wins. And Iā€™m going to buy an electricity meter for that headset, and Iā€™m only going to use 80 of its winners. What do you think?

5 Likes

If the calculation is 80 wins, you can buy the Ibaso DC 04 as a digital digital-to-wife converter and buy a dongle amplifier. Ideally, for that price, it has very little strength. But I donā€™t use cheap headphones so I donā€™t know what to buy.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer, but now that I think about it, I already have an I-Fi amp, canā€™t I use it to boost myself? Now, the most important thing for Igem is the headset, right? Youā€™ve heard about a mother named Arya, but I wonder if youā€™ve heard about her. Do you hear if I heard it?

4 Likes