IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

But why 2 lol. A backup?

Ermā€¦I kinda lucked out on the lottery, got a ā€˜1ā€™ and got full refund of my purchase and a set. Then got sent an extra set I think mistakenly. I wasnā€™t about to send them back from Eu to Chinaā€¦soooo

I have a set with gold and a set with red I just switch between the two.

3 Likes

Do you know why they are selling the A7?

Not exactly but he bought more than a few IEMs to try and kept a few but has been selling the others. I will point him here, but certainly message him on Ebay with your questions or concerns.

I messaged him. Thanks.

Good news. I just bought the A7 from your friend. Should be here by the end of next week. Thanks for sharing the link.

1 Like

Awesome, I am glad you snagged that one. Nice discount and you donā€™t have to wait 3 weeks for Aliexpress shipping.

Yep, on both accounts. Not sure why I didnā€™t check eBay earlier. Thanks again.

Hi to everyone, my first post here.

Been into hifi in general over 15 years or so but have never had any IEMā€™s, only full size hpā€™s, so itā€™s about time to check these as well.

Reason for this is that nowadays because of lack of live music during the pandemic there is lot more time for home&on-the-go listening and therefore iā€™ve already ordered the Fiio Q3 and probably will get the Fiio FD5ā€™s with it, read a bunch of good reviews of them and they also look pretty awesome too, because steel is real and all that.

Iā€™ve been reading this thread (among others on this forum) for a while and it has been a great help for me so i thank you all:-)

Best regards & great tunes to all,

Karri

2 Likes

Welcome to HFGF :smiley:
Just a few questions to help with possible recā€™sā€¦
What HPā€™s do you like and why?
What types/genres of music do you mostly listen to?
What are you going to use to drive your IEMā€™s ?

Thanks a lot, glad to be here :slightly_smiling_face:

My hpā€™s at the moment are AKG K701, Meze 99 Noir and Ollo Audio S4X.

Mostly a listen to various forms of metal, rock, ambient, electronic and classical.

IEM listening would be with Ipad&Iphone+Fiio Q3.

Then the FD5ā€™s seem like a good choice either those or the Mangird teas :+1:

1 Like

Hi all, first time poster from the land down under :slight_smile:

I am currently looking at purchasing a pair of iemā€™s for the commute into the office which is only 1-2 times a week due to the pandemic. Since they will be used lightly and I will probably lose them lol, I was looking at around the us$100 mark or less.

Was tossing up between the Aria and the Tripowin tc01 based on BGGA reviews recommendation. I am leaning towards the TC01 but slightly worried about finding tip replacements, oddly sized?

I mostly listen to OSTs, indie bands, folk, and at home I mostly use my HD660S. Also have the btr5 when I am on the go.

Any other recommendations between $50-100 are welcome too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks for the info :pray:

A question, did someone already did a detachable cable mod for the Final Audio E1000s? I wanted to give mine a try when I have the time, I mean sure the cable is nice and solid enough but I think my E1000s would be even more sustainable if it has a detachable cable instead.

Iā€™ve not seen a specific guide for the e1000s, but I canā€™t imagine itā€™s much different from this:

Hi everyone. I think After having read this forum for a while itā€™s Time for me to do my ā€œcoming outā€.

So, Iā€™m Erokh. I come from France and began my audiophile journey with the beyer dt770 80ohms and the radsone ES100. Recently Iā€™ve been caught in a streak of buying audio stuff: Hifiman he400i for Christmas, hd6xx in March, topping dx3pro V2,ā€¦

Iā€™m currently quite happy with these 3 headphones and enjoy my music a lot with it.

I listen to a bit of everything, but have a tendency towards rock an punk rock. I love acoustic stuff too.

In terms of iem, I own a pair of bl03 that donā€™t fit in my ears (I never manage to get a good seal without pushing them into my canals) and some kbear ks1 I enjoy.

Iā€™m currently looking after an earphone with more technicalities that could have a good/decent mediums for approx. 100ā‚¬

I have 3 main contenders: moondrop aria, Tri starseas and moondrop starfields. For now, Iā€™m eagerly waiting for the ā€œdragon boatā€ sales or the ā€œFrench daysā€ to see how good a deal I can get.

In the meantime, Iā€™ll read any advice you could give me about my future purchasešŸ™‚

1 Like

I would add the FH3 to that list of options. Iā€™ve owned the starfield and currently own the fh3, the starfield didnā€™t do it for me, I found it a bit lacklustre, it sounded fine but it just didnā€™t move me in any direction (personal taste though). As far as I understand the Aria is a cheaper starfield and basically the better deal. Havenā€™t heard it though.

1 Like

Has anyone heard about the Moondrop Variations? Link to Apos product page.

This looks positively fascinating honestly. Iā€™ve absolutely loved the tribrid configuration (in my Monarch), and Moondrop has been among the most dependably great IEM companies I know of.

1 Like

Was just about to post the link. Extremely interested in this.