IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Awesome I’ll look into the cables then

After reading several articles this is and never ending hole about cables :man_facepalming:Makes difference

1 Like

Well i’ve heard differences, but that has to be with build quality and resistance. If you get a very bad cable, it may change some very sensitives iems.

I believe a little bit in cable difference, even tho its small,so i think its just my head (placebo). Even if i believe it, ill never rec a cable because xyz. If you look into the xihns cables, ill recommend the a1 and a25 on riku’s list. Very nice and well built. If you like the graphene look, ill recommend the graphene 8 core @Resolution just mesured in another thread,but its expensive!

3 Likes

I highly recommend this cable from Xinhs. It’s very flexible, non tangling and it’s not that expensive. If my memory serves me well, it’s also been measured by @Rikudou_Goku
Dealing with Xinhs has always been nothing but a pleasure, one of the best sellers on Ali for sure.

1 Like

Yeah xinhs is the best store in aliexpress. Just ordered a custom and he moved mountains just to try to get me what i wanted. Best guy ever

2 Likes

Do you have the A25 cable link?

1 Like

Keep in mind thats both 8 core. The version riku has is 6 cores (2 gold 1silver - you can ask to costumize if you want a 6 core). I have the 6core a25 and 4 core + 8 core of A1.

If i had to rec one, i’d rec A1 (brighter copper) for the looks and price, its my favourite of the two.

This one is very nice, I’ll get in the future, but its more expensive (around 80$). Check @Resolution post below!

This one is very nice. You can also ask for a custom bright + dark copper (from A1) 8 core cable. @paulwasabii has this on his YouTube channel!

I love the looks, the feels, the quality and the connectors. I wont rec without telling you its an heavy cable. You’re warned. This is the best cable I own. Its copper + spc. Again, heavy than the rest.

4 Likes

Which one suitable for moondrop variations?

If I want customize a 8 cores, what will be the components?

Eg how many cores of silver and gold plated copper

If i had to rec one, i’d rec A1 (brighter copper) for the looks and price, its my favourite of the two.

You means the Brown one?

I’ll rec either A25 or A1. What ever you like the most (lookwise). I like more the A1 (brighter brown) look, but thats personal taste.

If you want the 8 core, you dont need to customize. The standard is 4+4 :slight_smile:

Thank you for the info

1 Like

Here’s a photo of my a25 cable with 6 cores, one silver + 2 gold, black acessories and 4.4mm angled plug

Oh so the owner sent me the picture is belongs to yours

Ahah really? Love that guy! Im getting photos of my next cable today :slight_smile:

Updated my post and added some photos to help you decide! Dont have better photos atm since im not at home for 2 more weeks.

Xinhs also have this cable

Yeah but penon is cheaper atm (on sale 49$) and i prefer their connectors (rose gold) :slight_smile:

WARNING: Low quality photos incomming :joy: the part that looks purple is dark grey and should be closer to black, not pink :joy:

This is a custom made 8core braided for my LAND. 4 cores are too slim and hurt my ears after very long periods of time (at home I use glasses) and 6 cores would look uneven.
Wanted the gold and dark tones to match the iem. Xihns got me conviced into choosing the 8N crystal copper as the best option for looks/feels and quality. Costed me around 80 bucks. He wanted to go with gold acessories but I chose black.

Photo of the darker cable used to mix:

3 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002380254843.html?pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000020435054849","ship_from":"CN"}&gps-id=pcStoreLeaderboard&scm=1007.22922.122102.0&scm_id=1007.22922.122102.0&scm-url=1007.22922.122102.0&pvid=5525e796-3e36-4bdd-be5e-71b7150a58ba&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.smartLeaderboard_6000198554711.1005002380254843

2 Likes

Yeah thats the graphene one I was talking about. Just realized its going on sale in 2 days… Here we go…

1 Like

Don’t mind can share your custom 8 core cable is made up of what component?