IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Yes this is in my list.

I still have about 6-7 on the list which is rec by people in the forums and the seller.

Which made me very headache to decide

What tip are you using?

Pretty sure they are spinfit 145 medium size!

I only got it to try to match my land colours thoā€¦

In you case, Iā€™d go for the graphene in 2 days (sale) with Variations. Looks good, built good! Iā€™ll get one myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I own a starfield now. I liked it. But donā€™t know whether to upgrade to variations or S8. Scare bass is a killer

1 Like

My rule of thumb is to try to keep my cable values at 10% of the iem cost. For starfields Iā€™d get anything cheap, specially if you want to upgrade later.

My choice if I owned starfields would be something cheap, like 20 bucks, that looked good with it. Iā€™d go blue! Or maybe custom 6 core with 4 blue 1 golden :heart:

I use Spinfit for all my IEMs.

How do you know if an item is going on sale before it goes on sale? Iā€™m probably going to order a bunch of them. The Graphene, which I did not expect to even like, has become my favorite XINHS cable.

There you go! Ill grab one, too curious. Do you think the 4 core is any different?

Edit: its the black bar. Forgot its translated to portuguese. If you add it to cart, you can see the promo price!

1 Like

Nice. I love mine and I only have 1 right now.

I donā€™t know why it would be different other than just less cores. I only have the 8 core but will buy a few 4 core.

It is cable A13 in the list (4-core)

1 Like

I kinda prefer the 8 core, but the 4 core is half the price. Since itā€™s on sale, iā€™ll prolly get the 8 core and be done with it :rofl:

1 Like

How soft and flexible is it? I am still looking for a nice cable for my variations and I prefer lighter 4 cores to 8 core ones. Though I think 6 core might just be the perfect sweet spot. I got a earhookless Yinyoo off of amazon for the FH3 and it is still up there in terms of cables I like.

Dont think you would like it, there are softer cables out there (like A3 and A6).

1 Like

Skimming this threadā€¦
XINHSā€™s business is boomin :rofl:

1 Like

Indeed. Still the best AE shop imo. And always does my customs in 24h or in the same day. Usually get the cables in 10 days. Great guy!

3 Likes

Cool, Iā€™ll try the A6 and I threw in A12 partly for looks partly because the 2 core design seems interesting. I guess I will check out when the sale hits in 2ish days.

1 Like

Might pick up a pair of these

2 Likes

Faaeal makes a great budget cable.
https://www.amazon.com/FAAEAL-Gold-Plated-Connector-Replacement-Earphones/dp/B07ZQC9H3V

2 Likes

That one is A3 on Rikudouā€™s list. Nice find. Now I can get it much faster then from Ali.

whatā€™s up ladies and gentlemen. iā€™m new to this hobby and has been enjoying music from various headphones/earphones. iā€™ve moved from Sennheiser CX300, AKG Y50BT, Sony WH1000XM2, and currently on WF1000XM3. After searching around IEM + Portable DAC combo, the IKKO OH10 + FiiO BTR5 combo got my attention. My humble question to all here is:

1. Is it a good combo?
  2. if thereā€™s alternatives, what are they?
  3. If they are good, is there other way to improve the experience? (eg balance cable replacement etc)

iā€™m on the move constantly and more often than not, working in the wild off the grid is a common thing. Your valuable input and suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks and stay safe