IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

07 OG
RSV
07M

whatever you do, dont speak to him. He’ll trap you. Rsv is my next target for a reason :joy:

3 Likes

I am honestly not sure if he talked me into or out of the ej07m. I mean, he obviously loves it. And, as said previously, his enthusiasm for it is infectious. But, there is that RSV sitting in the #2 spot. Why?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Too late mate! Talking about the RSV with him on Head-Fi today…

drftr

1 Like

Because everyone is allowed to make a mistake :mask:

drftr

1 Like

I just ordered the em5. So um, whatever? :wink: Cancel button is calling me though.

Never regret the things you do. Instead regret the things you don’t do in life.

Tough call do. But I think you said you really wanted a non-IEM for your collection. Choices, choices…

drftr

3 Likes

Yes, but money. ;p

Every spring a tree gets its leaves back.

Look at it in a different way: If you had bought an RSV then chances are you would still have bought an EM5 because it’s “only” $300 more. Now you have the EM5 already and buying another $700 IEM seems totally crazy.

It’s the same $1,000 for the pair though…

drftr

You are definitely going beyond my logic capabilities with that one. :wink:

EM5 is just a concession to IEM discomfort. I am torn, because I know the bass isn’t going to live up to the things I enjoy. And, the question is, will that matter?

But, I guess we will find out. I am not shy about returning stuff to amazon… :wink:

Are you calling me crazy? My tribrids…

6 Likes

It fulfills a completely different purpose. You shouldn’t even be tempted to compare it with anything. See if there’s a different way to enjoy music. If there is you succeeded.

The only thing that matters in this case is fit, I think. You could be as surprised as with the Timeless, albeit in a completely different way.

drftr

1 Like

sigh. My wife is gonna kill you. :wink:

You are not wrong.

Though the ej07m and rsv is still a big question mark for me.

Em5 supposedly arrive sunday. Will find out if they are worth it.

I don’t recommend the EM5 based on fit.

It can’t be more irritating on the inner ear than IEMs.

I am not happy with the fit both in terms of security and sound. I kept wanting to push them deeper inside my ear to achieve a seal and get deeper bass. But at that point it becomes a flawed IEM and so why bother with earbuds?

Sound quality :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because IEMs set my ears on fire.

1 Like

Is it better than airpods? Because, for this use case, that’s the bar.

Earbuds are useless outside on the go. They fall out and leak so much sound in and out.

The only viable listening and use environment is a quiet room but then why not just use open back headphones then?

Some reasons:

1. buds leak far less than openback headphones. Maybe less than closed backs in my experience in terms of others hearing my music. (True of my airpods vs hp-2 at least)

2. Over ears are too big for lots of scenarios. Like leaning back in my recliner. Not great to look like a cylon on some webex conferences.

3. I have yet to find an open back over ear I like enough to make the hassle worth it.

All my headphone use is in my home office, my library or around the house. Over ears of any variety leak too much in any scenario around people in my house. IEM or buds are the only thing that work. Since I can’t use IEMs or overars in some of these scenarios, earbuds is the next option.

If it’s not worth the sound quality concession, I wont keep them.

1 Like