IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

@Resolution My dusk has a choppy aspect to the sound. Particularly in comparison to the timeless or zen. Lack of decay seems like a likely culprit. It’s just not smooth, and when I listen I simply want to put on any other headphone.

This wasn’t an issue until I got the Zen.

1 Like

Perhaps, but not necessarily as it can depend on the IEM you’re using. For instance, some low impedance IEMs change their tonality if they’re offered a high impedance signal. So you may make an IEM that’s borderline bright in its own right TOO bright. I’m sure there’s better examples and maybe the best bet would be to get a device that allows you to switch between low and high. I don’t have enough experience with this to advice though. Good question!

drftr

I own M3X. For IEMs you run anything you want on it without sweating it. 19h of playback battery is :fire:

5 Likes

I have used the Qudelix to drive nearly everything not just iems. 240mw. I doubt any iem will be problematic on the m3x.

1 Like

Do you use any streaming services? I haven’t found a dap I like yet that can stream competently, have a decent battery life and remain stable.

Tidal/UAAP. Works great, but 99% of the time I use flacs as a preference.

Battery is lower than 19h on android mode tho, never fully tested it.

2 Likes

I haven’t messed with tidal, but other streaming services are fine. It is an older version of Android, you do have to install the play store, (services are installed), and for some odd reason standalone audiobook players and streaming break the dac part (it goes to insane numbers and plays static), but music players and streaming music services are fine.

1 Like

I am using Quedelix to even up the score!

1 Like

Qudelix for life!

1 Like

Thanks guys! M3X it is then.

1 Like

I think the sensitivity varies. I spent a week with a borrowed pair of Dusk and experienced no ba problems to me. Most of my earphones have been dynamic drivers but I did have a ISN H 40 and had no timbre problems. I may not hear that as much. Maybe years of listening to quads and mag spans I am used to colorations. I am not right about if they exist but they are not noticeable to me. On the L2 by Theiaudio yes I heard it still not huge problem. That is for me. It says nothing about other people’s experience. I am somewhat interested in the UM also. I have a DQ6 and though the brightness is not deal breaking the Mele is more tonalky right. The DQ 6 is better in other areas,

1 Like

I am really excited to get the mele. I suspect it will get a qudelix or other portable amp and just go everywhere with me.

I have the dusk in now (as my only functional IEM) and the music just feels like it lacks subtlety. And I want to reach for something else. But both my something elses are broken. I’ll switch to the hp-2 eventually. But I thought I would give dusk some head time before I do.

Good choice. I have the R3 Pro already and have just got my M3X delivered as wanted a 'Droid based-DAP so I could expand streaming to Amazon HD as well as local flac files. The Xenns UP is the hardest IEM I have to drive but both the DAPs can drive them no problem on balanced connection (I switch them to high gain). Loving the M3X so far, although yet to really test the battery life.

1 Like

Anyone here with more experience with Linsoul know how long it takes for an IEM that got sent for repair to get evaluated or fixed? Already had to wait for a week extra because of the golden week holiday and my Oracle only just arrived to them today

Different for different countries. On average, you will wait at least 2-3 weeks!

Just the evaluation or repair itself, not including shipping

Evaluation and repair, but depends on the damage.

For anyone with kids in the US, that name is just … unfortunate

Did they meet up and say “Hey lets name our IEM after a scary respiratory virus that put thousands of kids in the hospital, and kills their grandparents.”

1 Like

Not sure corona beer was more tasteful. They have actually started production again under the same name.

drftr

1 Like

They were a known brand long before people knew of corona virus or covid, so I can’t blame them for using their established brand. If Coke changed their name, they would have some pretty serious issues.