IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

FDX1 Green filters vs O2

3 Likes

It would be cool if you did a source comparison with the Timeless tooā€¦SS vā€™s Hybrid/Nu-Tube and see if Iā€™m the only one to get it :man_shrugging: ā€¦ those bad boys really :sparkles: with a Hybrid imho :+1:

2 Likes

@Ohmboy This is fundamentally blocked by funding. See what I did there? :wink:

I honestly have not found enough difference between sources to care for most of the headphones I like. And it may be that I have gravitated toward headphones that sound amazing on anything.

Currently, I am limiting myself to things that power well on Qudelix. All these do.

I am toying with re-adding an ifi iDSD micro signature. But it would exist purely for review purposes. It just wasnā€™t worth using for actual daily listening. And, at this moment, I would rather put that money toward IEMs to compare.

3 Likes

The UM 3DT vs any of the others. I have the 3DT but always interested in hearing new/different perspectives, for different libraries etc.

1 Like

I have the og iDSD Micro and my DX300 trumped that x10 as a source for my sets, the amp12 upped it a tadā€¦DX312 + xDuoo MT-604 + Timeless =

5 Likes

I found the micro signature beat out the original dx300 by a hair (on dunu zen, audeze euclid and dusk at the time, as well as some over ears). never had the amp12 only the original included one. And, I think that came down to power availability not ā€œqualityā€. Those two are my favorite sources that I have heard as well as the xduoo ta-30, which had similar benefits to those two (but not so much iem friendly. wonderful for overly analytic planars).

But, I hate everything else about daps (tried a bunch at different price points the dx300 being the big boy). Buggy, inconsistent, broken, bulky, annoying things. The dx300 external buttons routinely stopped working until I rebooted the thing. The m11 plus worked the best (oh! except it tended to over heat becoming too hot to hold), but the sound was snooze worthy. Way too clean, transparent and analytical.

I have very little tolerance for stuff that doesnā€™t ā€œjust workā€.

1 Like

Me too :+1: nothing on my DX300 has caused me any issues apart from the rubbish supplied case :grimacing: faultless otherwiseā€¦when it comes to IEMā€™s itā€™s plug 'em to a phone and partyā€¦I guess thatā€™s what it should be but as we know that ainā€™t always the caseā€¦transducers respond differently and probably no more than planarā€™s (a P1 Junkie) Timeless likes a bit of a :metro: :smile:

1 Like

Do you stream or use local files? A lot of my problems evolve around crappy android apps. I only stream, and man does that reduce the UX experience dramatically.

The best one was honestly the sony zx507. But itā€™s so underpowered for anything that isnā€™t the dunu zen. Also, its ā€œ20 hour batteryā€ was more like 4. Ugh.

1 Like

Only stream buddy thatā€™s why Iā€™m awaiting L&P to get their shiz together :pray:

1 Like

Received my Blon Bl-max today and am listening for 2h now.
My first totally plebeian impressions:
These are phenomenal for the price of 31$. Sound is bass heavy but still smooth over the whole spectrum. The fit is very comfortable. I feel I could listen all day without issuesā€¦
Very pleasing fun sound signature no shrillness. Simply non fatiguing.
Even with the heavy bass they are capable of, the bass does not overshadow other ranges.

They are much better than the KZ DQ6, imho. Could these be the new budget Blon kings? Possibly. These are my 1st Blons so I canā€™t compare. Very impressed with what Blon created here.

5/5 in this price range.

8 Likes

The question beingā€¦ Would you prefer 467 Blon Bl-max over 1 Happy Plugsā€¦ :wink:

drftr

Hows the weight?

these are heavy buds. Just weighted them (1 bud).

Blon BL-Max: 15g
vs.
7Hz Timeless: 6g

But I barely notice the weight in ear. They feel really comfy.

4 Likes

For me the fd5ā€™s vocals were slightly more recessed then Iā€™m used to. How would you compare the fd7 to zens vocals especially thickness and forwardness?

1 Like

Anyone know of an upgrade to the Tin T2? Not the pro + plus or T3 etc
Looking to spend $50-150 for something that graphs similar.

A friend said the heart mirror but reading reviews I am not so sure :thinking:

Timmy from Gizaudio just posted a video saying that the heart mirror is the upgrade for the T2.

Oh wow guess my friend was right :joy:

Thanks! Will check the video now.

Final Audio E1000

1 Like

Maybe more of a side grade and non removable cable :grimacing: but better soundstage

1 Like

So my Fiio FD5s came in and theyā€™re pretty stellar.

Andā€¦ Iā€™ve already ordered the JVC HA-FDX1 to compare them to.

I swear, audiophilia is a disease that sucks money out of your wallet. Iā€™m hoping to stop my audio buying for a while after this.

5 Likes