IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Effect Audio…strange it is…

2 Likes

“this is also the first in-ear monitors in the world to include a Modular Unit (MU) System that promises maximum scalability and user interactivity for years to come.”

Not a word about what that is supposed to mean though.

drftr

1 Like

An IEM with all these accessories and a good cable for only
100$ ??
Why aren’t we normalizing this shit

5 Likes

“you can enjoy a year warranty and the best after-sales service”

Is this the main selling point of ChiFi nowadays? I would say “We don’t have it coz you won’t need it!”

drftr

2 Likes

I feel like TRI Starsea is underrated (based on graph). I couldn’t find much impressions espacially on this forum. I can grab one for like $70 on 11.11. It would be great if someone can share some impressions.

3 Likes

May I know the link to get them for 70$?

That’d be a steal.

I’m currently eyeing on TRI Starsea and Bqeyz Spring 2. They are pretty good for the 120-130$ range but so underrated in the forums.

3 Likes

I really like my starsea, but I find male vocals can seem a bit recessed at times. Tri also just released a new model ‘meteor’. Not many reviews on it yet but it looks great. It’s cheaper than the starsea and includes a fair amount of accessories!

Do note, some people including me have noticed that the starsea has driver flex :confused: which is a shame
But not all of them have it.

2 Likes

So… I was browsing GS Audio store on Aliexpress today and stumbled upon this beauty…

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005002697012882.html

Looking at it’s graph it reminded me of something but I couldn’t figure it out at first but then it hit me… That looked very similar to the Anole VX :open_mouth:

It’s basically 350eur vs 2500eur for almost the same tuning.
It also uses Sonion 38+37 for bass which are TOTL BA drivers for bass afaik.

I’m still waiting for some stuff to arrive but most likely I’ll pull the trigger in near future.

3 Likes

You getting a reviewer sample, @igor0203 ? Hook me up, bro :slight_smile:

giphy

Would be interesting to find out where they cut corners then. I mean, 16 BA’s for $330 with some of them top class as you say tells me it’s either too good to be true or the others can close shop before Santa is in.

drftr

2 Likes

They are somewhat known by now… They are and OEM factory for some well known brands like Fearless Audio. Basicly, u’rent paying very big markups. Ofc you can’t expect that to sound as good as VX :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Never tried the Anole VX, but I decided to scoop the ST8B for the hell of it (might be my new all-BA set, will compare with my Fearless S8Z). Probably won’t get here until December, though.

4 Likes

1 Like

Of course, you can’t expect that it will sound the same as Anole VX. I assume VX also uses TOTL BA’s for mids, treble etc. But you can get a taste of same/similar tuning and decide if you like it or not.
It’s similar with Audiosense DT600, one can get an idea of Monarch/Variations sound and it’s unique subbass focused tuning. (it’s still full BA vs tribrid though)

1 Like

@nymz really loved it!

1 Like

Dt600?

Oh yeah

2 Likes

Will you or @igor0203 get a chance to A/B it with a real VX? Would be really keen to know how far away it is from the real deal.

I can’t speak for @igor0203 but I will have no way to A/B with the VX unless I send it to someone who has the VX already (which I may be willing to do, in the name of science!). The only all-BA units I have on hand to test it against are the Fearless S8Z, Prisma Audio Azul, Campfire Audio Nova and Thieaudio Voyager 3, none of which are very close in tuning IMO.

1 Like

Nice! How’s Azul?