IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Thanks! I’ll check these out

I don’t know if it would qualify as warm, but you may want to keep an eye on the new Tangzu x HBB Xuan NV. Pretty good early reports, neutral-ish tune with a slight subbass raise and early sale of $70 that goes up to $79 retail.

4 Likes

I only read 1 impression so far on the Nv. Can you point me to more?

1 Like

I will have to dig, I think they may have been scattered around Head-fi and various Discords.
Edit: on further searching, I can’t find any impressions other than Baskingshark’s so maybe I got them confused with another set or halucinated? Either way, I’m sure more impressions will arise in short order.

2 Likes

Aful MagicOne is $110 at Amazon. Fits your preferences ideally. Tuning over technicalities. Musicality over the last ounce of detail.

2 Likes

My review of the Simgot EA500 LM is up in my HiFiGuides thread:

5 Likes

What does everybody think of the Yanyin Aladdin?

Still relevant? What type of tuning competitors/upgrades would it have? And most importantly what price would represent good value in today’s landscape?

Thanks for any opinions

1 Like

I’ll keep this one in mind as well. Right now I’m browsing the used market for deals. So far, I’ve picked up a T2 plus

1 Like

Anyone got experience between Plutus Beast and Bqeyz’s Wind?

Is wind better enough to justify the price gap?

Alternatively, something with BC in that price point that’s a good rec. I might go for wind but defaulting to beast is easier on the wallet for planning ahead lol

Pretty sure @VIVIDICI_111 woud say yes. Unequivocally, yes

2 Likes

The beast is dark leaning, the Wind is neutral-bright leaning, I’d go with the Wind unless you can get the beast at a good price

If you want my beast I’ll give it to you for $65 shipping included (for NA)

6 Likes

Wind with 500 mesh filter is just so good

2 Likes

I’ve had the beast before and did find it a tad too dark, thanks for the offer but with your words I’m gonna give the wind a try since I like to lean brighter than darker

Btw where do you guys get those 500 mesh filters

1 Like

Ali,Amazon

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004052530517.html

2 Likes

Thanks homie

I’ll give it a looksee on there too. Maybe I can put the mesh on my Project M and tame that peak messing with my ears

1 Like

Is there anything else more “up to date” with the Final E5000 sound signature (no price restrictions, but I don’t think I need to go too far up for something “dark” sounding) that I should be considering while I’m still inside the return window? Received them in the mail today and they’re pretty spot on for some genres I’m into. I wouldn’t change the treble at all, but I do prefer the bass taken down a touch, which I’ve done via tip rolling.

** Hmm… that extra energy at 4~6k for the Z5 and potential fitment issues gives me a bit of pause. I’ll think I’ll just stick with the E5000. I’ve settled into it pretty nicely. Appreciate the help, though.

Sony XBA-Z5, thats the better E5000 imo.

2 Likes

What might be the most technical and resolving amplifier & DAC combo (portable or stationary) for IEM/headphones right now under $500? Any candidates?

Whatever dac you want and an Earmen ST-Amp

3 Likes