IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Not THAT weird, but since the Panda tuning got revised, S08 is a great bet

6 Likes

I just got the Artti T10 as a planar. Very solid for $50. Not too bright, not excessive planar timbre.

A solid all-arounder. Enjoying it, even with stock tips.

3 Likes

The past few days I’ve been enjoying the BQEYZ Cloud. It’s got a single 10mm dynamic driver with a passive radiator, retailing for $170 USD. Thanks to AudioGeek and the EU tour group for sending it along for me to try!

The sound signature has mild bass with a midbass focus and forward mids. It’s not the last word in resolution, but offers a nice smooth presentation. Vocal presentation is intimate. Despite the lower bass levels, the midbass still has a nice, satisfying tactility to it. It’s sort of the opposite of a U or V-shaped set, with little subbass or upper-treble/air. This made it a big contrast coming from the TSMR-X which has warped my brain over the past few months and is closer to my personal tuning preference. In spite of the very smooth presentation, mids/treble forward tuning may be tiring for some in longer listening sessions.

I like the build, with a light and small shell. The included cable has good earhooks, and the case is nice - just big enough to keep a dongle in alongside the IEMs. The nozzles are pretty short and not too wide, making them easy to fit. However, I found it hard to get them to seal initially. After trying many, both Penon Liquor Black and Moondrop Springtips worked great. A word of caution: because the nozzles are short and the IEMs are small, it’s easy to push them too far against your inner ear and block the port for the passive radiator, which affects the tuning. Just make sure you’re not blocking that little hole!

The IEMs are sensitive and easy to drive. They work equally well from various sources I tested, including the iPod 5.5, Qudelix 5k, Chord Mojo, and Venture Electronics RA2B-FE.

Worth considering if you’re looking for a small, comfortable IEM with a smooth, midrange-focused, and intimate sound signature. That said, at this price point and below, it’s a competitive space. Notable options (albeit with different tunings) include the similarly single-DD Meze Alba ($160) and the quadbrid Simgot Supermix 4 ($150). And for even less, single DDs like the Simgot E500LM and Kefine Delci. While I haven’t personally heard these others, they’re worth keeping in mind based on what I’ve read!

2 Likes

Has anyone looked into the akg n5005 recently? I’ve had my pair for a few months now and have been enjoying them. You can get them directly from Harman on ebay for $160. I’m not sure how they stack up against the current mid 100s market but the value for money is very high with these. Comes with a 2.5 cable, 3.5 cable, bluetooth neckband, full set of spinfits, and swapable nozzle filters that actually work.

1 Like

Man, so many cool stuff but for real though at some point I need to take my savings seriously for I got warned and reminded by my grandma yesterday xD I love her though and she’s not wrong, for I think she has noticed that I have been wearing different IEMs for each day lol.

2 Likes

Hey, any one who have softears iems can talk and discuss about them in this thread.

Just started it few days ago. Would love to see you guys show some love to this thread.

1 Like

Letshuoer S15 - The King of Planar Iems

Pros

• Very punchy and dynamic sound for a planar
  • Excellent Fit and comfort
  • Good Stock Cable
  • Laid back yet detailed sounding

Cons

• Sub-bass roll-off
  • Some people may want more vocal presence.
  • Price to performance ratio
  • Stage fells 2D lacks front and back depth
  • Imaging performance can be better

Specs And Driver Configuration

• 3rd generation 14.8mm planar + 6mm R-sonic 6mm passive filtering module
  • Impedance: 35Ω@1kHz.
  • Sensitivity: 106 db

Unboxing and Accessories Package

Let’s start with the unboxing experience, which I have to say is very good. The accessories provided in the box are good. Things provided include - 1. Hockey puck style case 2. Modular Cable 3. Eartips 4. 3.5mm, 4.4mm and 2.5mm termination, and 5. Iems itself. The cable feels very premium and sturdy, which is always expected from Letshuoer. The hockey puck style case is well built, but I find it too small to fit the iems properly. Letshuoer could consider enlarging the charging case slightly to make removing and inserting the IEMs more convenient. The eartips provided are average so I suggest you to tip roll, I will highly suggest divinus velvets and dunu s&s tips with this iem.

Design, Fit, and Comfort

Lately, Letshuoer has changed the design language and color schemes of their iems. They are now opting for a more understated and professional look instead of a flashy and blingy look. We saw this design language in cadenza 4 and we see this continue in S15 as well. The iem has 3d printed resin shells with aluminum face plates. The shells are on the lighter side with a grippy texture. Despite the light shells the iem feels well built. This lightness also provides excellent fit and comfort. It sits flush in the ear, so this can be a great option as a sleeping iem. The isolation provided is good, but not the best.

Frequency Response

If I talk about sound, this is the best planar I have ever heard. It is the most dynamic and punchy planar that has been released to date. The tuning is opposite to its predecessors S12 and S12pro, they have a V-shaped signature with a lot of treble emphases where whereas S15’s sound signature is warm and laid-back yet detailed sounding.

Bass

It is the most dynamic, punchy, and tactile bass that I have ever heard on any planar iem. It still has planar characteristics like speedy bass but the decay is more natural. I don’t what Letshuoer did to achieve this, in my assumption it is the 6mm R-sonic 6mm passive filtering module at work here.

The sub-bass is slightly rolled off, but you can put tape on the top vent to fix this. Without the mod, the sub-bass is good with decent rumble and texture, I wish Letshuoer did something to fix this sub-bass roll-off. The mid-bass thumps and slams come across very authoritatively. After reading this you might ask. Is the bass comparable to a good DD iem Bass, I still have to say no but when compared among planars this is the best bass I have ever heard.

Midrange

Mids are the part that can make or break this iem for you. The lower mids are on the warmer side plus the pinna gain starts at 1k and peaks at around 1.5k and then starts taper off. This tuning leads to female vocals sounding dull. Male vocals sound good tho, they are hefty and meaty sounding. Due to the upper midrange dip, the instruments also sound a bit dull. But due to this tuning choice there is no hint or harshness and fatigue present in this iem. Extended music sessions are a breeze on this iem. Now people who like warm back sound will love this iem but people who like lively vocals and listen to a lot of K-pop will not like this iem.

Treble

The treble is good, it is non-fatiguing yet detailed sounding. The air region is well extended, which helps the iem to sound more open and detailed. This is the region that needed reduction from s12 and I liked the direction that Letshuoer has chosen. People who didn’t like planar iems due to its treble should definitely try this iem.

Technical Performance

Now, let’s talk about technical performance and detail retrieval. The detail retrieval is good for the price. Maco and micro detail pick is good despite of the tuning. The technical performance is average thoo. The staging feels very 2 dimensional, side depth is good, but it fails to present front and back depth well. Instrumental separation and layering is also decent but i feel it lacks a bit in instrumental imaging, I was unable to exactly pinpoint instruments. Overall the the technical performance is good enough for the price.

Conclusion

So, what’s my conclusion, letshuor has released a very good competitor, in planar iem space. It takes a radically different tuning approach from its predecessor. This is my favorite planar iem currently. But, It is a bit on the pricier side for me to straight up recommend it. I would suggest you wait for a sale and try to give it a listen before pulling the trigger.

I will also release a video review of this iem, so if you want to watch that please subscribe to my YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/@sushiifi?si=OVzMVqeoThyYIS9d

5 Likes

Hey guys, looking for Reviewers for my upcoming collab :slight_smile:
Limited review units so will most likely be using tour groups, but if you’re interested please PM me ^^

15 Likes

Just a heads up
If you are negotiating money for vids these folks are sharing it by forwarding your replies.
I’m not going to out the folks asking for $500 per or $5000 for 3…you know who you are.
They are sharing that stuff
This is a guy replying…you get the gist though.
If you take money per vid that stuff is gonna come out eventually…I found out 2 folks on here because the rep is raging because I said they should be fired and in reply they dumped several people who the financially support in an effort to say I was strange and everyone else is "fair’. That’s the word they used to describe and the support they pay you.
FAIR :laughing:

21 Likes

Thanks for putting this out HBB.

4 Likes

Isn’t the s15 a hybrid? Excellent review!

It has their " *6mm R-Sonic Passive Filtering Module" which from what I can see is essentially another venting method that they decided to put a fancy name for lol.

3 Likes

It’s planar plus 6mm passive radiator setup

NO!

That thing is NOT a passive Radiator. it is a venting method.

Oh, their website is very vague about all this so i confused it with passive radiator.

The word “radiator” is not written a single time here…

They even explain what the tech is via the link given in that S15 page that leads here.

2 Likes

You are going to be blown away by the S08. The tuning is very similar above 80Hz, but it doesn’t have the roll-off.

I received the Letshuoer S08 this week. IMO is a nice value IEM. I’m happy with the sound and it’s a very good all-arounder at this price. Good bass and vocals. Comfortable set I can wear all day. It’s not fatiguing at all, specially being a planar. The only nick picks I have is the bass could use a little more meat. When I play Metallica One I like how fast the response and attack is on that kick drum but it could use more thickness. The highs can also use a little more shimmer. When I play Pink Floyd Money it’s missing something in the highs. I’m treble sensitive so I’m fine with this trade off. I recommend the Letshuoer S08 anybody considering it.

2 Likes

Given that info, the other less treble set that I really enjoy is the Aful Explorer. The bass digs a bit deeper on the Explorer, and it is very smooth.

2 Likes

Hmmm might have to add the Explorer to my cart. It’s a great looking IEM and priced pretty competitively. Thank you.

2 Likes