IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

My favorite is that I live in LI, NY and there’s nothing close to me lol

weird shit

Yo @John_W_Clark

14 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up.

I saw it last night, and messaged Danny this morning.

11 Likes
8 Likes

Congrats, John! It couldn’t have happened to a better guy :pinched_fingers:

7 Likes

Same here. Always two to three weeks from China to upstate New York. Always.

2 Likes

new iem meta :joy:trend :joy: good audio with in ear is almost timeless. does your ear ear shape change with trends? baby linsoul needs more billions$$$$ just deform your ears asap, rearrange your skull as well when you are at it and become henry cavill . He is misleading newbies to fill his pocket and most people believe him (i used to worship him 3 years ago) because there is no certification to be an audio reviewer, just say what you like is correct and project to others and profit and you will be believed because you listened to iems sent to you for free for a long time. if you wanna be as objective as possible like a real reviewer should be but youtubes way of monetization and company-reviewer relationship (as a billionaire give a free penny to the guy who starves for a penny , he would advertise it for you happily and you get millions in sells profit, but wait crin made so much “pennies” now he is a new “linsoul” ) in any industry wont let anyone be you would claim top tier tuning is when you match the tuning to your ears hrtf and it doesn’t change with time unless you get older, but you wouldn’t profit as a reviewer by mentioning that because if any person puts the effort to find the best sound to his ears and discovers its magic the industry would demolish and fall.
also tilting defuse field is nonsense because df is measured when you get sound with no specific direction playing at you, basically a sound field with equal sound pressure where sound comes from all directions and doesn’t get cancelled, boosted or absorbed by the objects (the cause of tilt) with the way you usually replay songs with 2 channels far field so tilting df really wont work(if you want transparency of course) and wont match the hrtf around lower mids that is very similar with most people and this results in stuffed and muddy sound, look at the pic below , all within 1 db difference at 200hz but the amount of gain or treble is very personal and varies massively.

basically in all his vids he tilts the df to his likings calling "nobody likes flat, nobody wants that, nobody nobody… " and adds 10 db bass on the ad vids to showcase how good the tuning matches his likings therefore its the best .every single reviewer does this projecting btw, without trying to be at least as neutral and objective as possible where you can actually be in an area which is similar with almost all people (lower mids to 500 600hz area).

basically this thread, but this time the mud is shown on 5128 instead on 711.

1 Like

Looking for opinions. Pretty hot headed right now and need advice. Recently purchased an item ($300) and yes that may not be top of the line but I would expect some quality control on a product that cost that much. It’s been less than 70 days with this iem and one of the shells came undone. I can easily probably glue it together, 1. I don’t know if anything got tweaked as it got pulled so don’t want to risk warranty. 2. Don’t want to feel entitled but can’t help but feel that I got a product that was defective and if paid that much money it should be something that last and not something I need to glue together.

Sorry for the rant. Just seeing what you guys would do.

3 Likes

I’d reach out to support from the store you got it from and ask if you can have a replacement. Let them work it down to having you send it to them (sometimes at your own cost) to repair. Also, they might ask you to take a few pictures to send in so they can take a look and assess when you open a support case. Usually, new IEM’s come with a year warranty from what I have seen.

That’s how I’d approach it. Hope this helps some and GL! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the input! Much appreciate it. I wasn’t aware that they would still charge you to send it back to them if it’s under warranty so it is good to keep that in mind.

3 Likes

Yeah, depending on who you are dealing with it could be a number of ways shipping is handled. Usually, you pay to send it in but then they pay for shipping out a new replacement IEM or the repaired one.

1 Like

Dude:

Three suggestions:

1. Try capital letters at the start of sentences.
  2. Try using more paragraphs.
  3. Take a breath between thoughts and put them into separate sentences.

All this would make your interesting posts a HELL of a lot easier to read.

Soapbox dismantled …

10 Likes

Sorry about that. Which IEM took a shit on you?

2 Likes

Was watching Paul’s review on AS24 Pro and saw his ranking for their flagships, he put Hydro as his no.1

with that in mind, did we like the CCA Hydro? I was totally planning to get one for funsies but I ended up with a Project M instead during that time period lol

Shanling ME600. Sucks because I was enjoying it, but pretty disappointed since this was the first IEM that I spent what I would consider a “pretty penny”. I figured “you get what you pay for” and I guess this may not be the case. Especially since it didn’t last more than 70 days.

3 Likes

What exactly happened?

Was just taking the iem out of my ear and it came apart. Maybe not glued well?

1 Like

You are right, the sentences are too long and the structure is not there so its hard to keep up with what im trying to say.
Also funny the “top tier tuning” got erased off the title.

2 Likes

Modern youtube: creaters release a video with like 10 titles and 10 thumbnails then yt permutates through a bunch of combos, testing which get the most engagement, then land on the winner.

Every little step optimized to keep our eyes glued to their ad machine :laughing::sob:

5 Likes

Bummer, man. I hope you find some financial justice.

1 Like