IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Dunu Vulkan. Get it on sale now https://hifigo.com/products/dunu-vulkan?variant=43879112638703

2 Likes

Iā€™ll look into it, thank you

From the myriad of IEMs I heard the Yume 2ā€™s treble is unmatched even against EST sets. The Oracle MK2 nears the Yume 2 treble signature territory but peaks a few kHz higher, so in the end not really a upgrade to this exact signature due to a higher peak of the x-th harmonics.
The Vulkan, while being a fantastic set on its own, it doesnā€™t match the treble of the Yume 2. So yeah, the Yume 2 is a unicorn in my view. If you can test the Vulkan before purchasing maybe it clicks with you.

3 Likes

The reason I would suggest Vulkan is Iā€™ve heard both and Vulkan is the upgrade in bass and soundstage @Kamron_Howard2 wants, while staying close to the signature that Yume 2 is bringing.

At that point, theyā€™d be compliments: Yume killing it for the treble signature, Vulkan bringing the soundstage and bass. Youā€™d be able to have everything, and trade back and forth so you donā€™t end up bored with either

4 Likes

As compliments :+1:

2 Likes

and it gets better Bobā€™s butt plug saysā€¦

800+ hrs of burn inā€¦

Guyā€™s a :clown_face: or is he Bob :man_shrugging::smile:

11 Likes

Not 800 hours though. They still suck at 800 hours. My manā€™s said 1000+ hours was needed. My dude is like 6 weeks of burn-inā€¦

So glad I muted him lmao

9 Likes

Whaaaaat theā€¦ :rofl:

Ya know, Iā€™m starting to see the positive side of Head-Fi. Between these dudes saying you need 5.4 million hours of burn-in to certain cables from Penon and ISN transforming any IEM into a $5,000 TOTL with a simple cable swap, thereā€™s never a shortage of comedy bits happening over there.

16 Likes

Hmmm I might check out the Oracle MK II, Iā€™ve always heard that the tuning is inferior to the OG so iā€™ve stayed away from it but I like what iā€™m seeing on the graph

Bobā€™s spent 100x that sitting at his home laughing at gullible folk for sureā€¦

2 Likes

Oracle Mk II also doesnā€™t fit in your $350 budget, and itā€™s not readily available in classifieds. Doesnā€™t really move around much lol

2 Likes

If itā€™s worth an upgrade iā€™m willing to push the budget, iā€™d rather get something thatā€™s a direct upgrade to the yume II rather than pay $300 for something that complements it haha

1 Like

Convert $100 IEM to TOTL. Make your dream come trueā€¦

:wink:

6 Likes

I get it. But I wouldnā€™t try to completely replace an IEM you love. Cause either youā€™ll fail and have an expensive set you donā€™t like, or youā€™ll succeed and you wonā€™t use Yume II anymore.

Doesnā€™t feel like a win/win to me lol

2 Likes

Maybe I should get a dac with EQ and try that out first, I donā€™t think itā€™ll affect the soundstage at all but at least I could put some actual bass in the sound. Using an apple dongle with the yume and itā€™s like the bass is non existent lol

1 Like

The Vulkan was down to $222 on 11/11. I went back & forth on it forever. The mixed reviews drove me crazy, so I didnā€™t pull the trigger.

6 Likes

He must have the notion that no one it taking him serious

A lot of reviews boiled down to ā€œnot worth the priceā€. So at $222 itā€™s a no brainier imo

I love my IMR iems. And donā€™t really see the worth of screen grabbing just to ridicule someone whoā€™s not even on this forum.

Man that thread is the funniest/saddest audio related thread in historyā€¦folks getting screwed over right, left and centre while a few cult members carry on like nothingā€™s happening telling gullible folk an IEM needs 600+ hrs of burn inā€¦I reckon the only reason that threadā€™s not been locked is that Penon peddles that blokes garbage.
But on a more serious note, informing young audiophiles to beware of such bs whatever forum they post/read is not

Itā€™s a public service!.

9 Likes