IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Easy to understand: BA bass has fast decay so it’s not soft. DD bass is softer due to longer decay. Never heard the opposite. Procogs all time favorite is the U12t which is a BA only set. That’s why I called him BA only lover.

4 Likes

You make a good point.
Happy holidays!

1 Like

so, DD bass is more boomy and BA bass is more deeper?DD bass is tight fast and BA bass is slower? correct?

It varies model to model (tuning, implementation, actual DD or BA specific models involved) but generally yes:
BA bass: more polite but tighter with quicker decay. Can have a sense of moving air but not typically near as much as a DD.
DD bass: Looser and more physicality, but typically has longer decay which can be either a positive or negative depending on preferences and genre.
Planar: Kind of a middle ground between DD and BA bass, with speed and extension and [typically] not quite as much physicality.
Electrostat: :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

the boomynes can be a part of tuning too, like the harman bass used in some iems sound overly boomy and blunted to me, the bass hits somewhat become blurry and edgeless when you have too much rumbly subbass because thats the nature of subbass overall. for a more defined and sharp bass hits get an iem with flat bass or the subbass shouldn’t be boosted alot compared to midbass so you get a more balanced sound over all. i didn’t know this simple but very important point at the start that just messes up the whole replay for many genres.

3 Likes

does harman tuned is bass heavy iem? for bassheads? or just like variations is harman tune in upper bass,and not lowerbass?

understand,more balanced bass is like curvs shows etc. meze rai penta? Bad Guy Target, Meze Audio RAI Penta - Frequency Responses - Squiglink by Acho Reviews or like S8 Harman In Ear 2019 Target, Moondrop S8 Sample 2 - Frequency Responses - Squiglink by Animagus

for me it is very bassy, for you it might not.

people who listened to these iems should help you, i never heard them. but just looking at the graphs, the s8 looks more toward my likings.

1 Like

Crimson was better.

2 Likes

TangZu Audio Nezha. Rating: 4/5

Read review on it: TangZu Audio Nezha - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Straight out of the box, the Nezha proves to be good. I find the sound to be a bit on the warmer side. It’s ease of driveability and pleasant sound quality remain consistent across different sources. The tuning is particularly likeable. What’s even more surprising is the technical performance of these IEMs, which sometimes catch me off guard with their capabilities. The sound is rich in details, creating a sense of spaciousness, and the sound-stage reaches an impressive level. It very easily accommodates a wide range of genres, from metal to acoustics to jazz to everything, making it versatile for various musical preferences.

However, there are few caveats. I will rate them 4/5 overall.

1 Like

Shameless :joy:

4 Likes

lol, I wonder who wrote that spiel…

Wonder what dictionary they use for “consistency”.

12 Likes

I guess the key is in the sentence “unmatched audio experience” - there is a typo though and it should be mismatched instead

10 Likes

I know everyone is digging on them because of their history, but if they’re actually taking it to heart and trying to improve the channel matching, good on them. The proof will be in the pudding though.

5 Likes

Right, probably mentioning that in official marketing material is indirectly addressing the recent backlash. If they would tackle the QC issues kudos to them, bur I wish they would have addressed the particular peoples problems better as well

3 Likes

Yup, real curious to see how they do

2 Likes

I’m not sure if they’re just taking the piss here with this catch line, but it did get a chuckle out of me :sweat_smile:

I’d love to see some measurements included with every pair to actually show this consistency.

5 Likes

I will buy it when it comes out and see where this goes :saluting_face:

3 Likes

:eyes: that is all :eyes:

1 Like