IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

It’s dry, accurate and not a fun IEM. Some love that, not saying anything against that preference, but it’s more of a studio experience with the Hype 4. Few guys impressions that do exist say they like the Hype 2 better than 4.

1 Like

Do you have it? Because I’ve yet to hear that, from what i’ve heard it’s apparently better than the Hype 2 in pretty much every way lol

Also I have no idea what dry means and i’m tired of pretending like most of these audio terms that people throw around make sense

1 Like

I own a pixel 4a too, and I use dongles. The difference is noticeable between “straight from phone” and with dongle. I would advice looking for 50usd and above price bracket though, to be sure about the upgrade.

1 Like

I had and have both…Hype 2…had…Hype 4…have…you didn’t make a mistake…the 4 is better…good decision

4 Likes

Note to self :eyes:

Didja get yer 10 yet?

Not yet…

Linsoul said 20 days…I’m not gonna bust their chops just yet…hopefully I won’t have to…don’t make me sic Chris on you

2 Likes

How does the Hype 4 stack up to IEMs $500+?

IMHO…beats many of the sets I have above the 1/2 K price point…it actually is a better value at its price than my Mk 3…I hate to say

My sweet spot use to be about 1.3 to 1.5 k but I’m starting to reevaluate my mindset…uhhhm…maybe not

4 Likes

Oof even I, newb tho I be, know about Linsoul shipping. Hurry home boys…

Wait. That didn’t come out right. Not trying to say you don’t know about Linsoul shipping, just that it’s so consistently long, ALiX long, that I’ve already learned firsthand about the wait.

erm.

srry. :eyes:

1 Like

I knew what you meant…probably wished you a Happy New Year already but wtf…Happy New Year again

ah - okay, gotcha - face meet palm

I’ll let myself out

HNY!

Just finished cleaning my tips! :smiling_face: Was gonna take a before pic but thought probably a good idea to not subject you guys to that haha :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Just FYI I made a poll on the IEM of the year per local forum users :slight_smile: feel free to fill this in (should be less than 5mins) - after some data would be gathered by the end of the month I would publish the results after statistical processing.

6 Likes

2024 ISN AUDIO New IEM

10 Likes

Any idea on what the name of the IEM is?

ISN NEO 3

5.8mm planar driver for high frequency
6mm DD for middle frequency
6mm DD for Low frequency

Neo 5 was very great, only dislike here is 6mm bass driver.

7 Likes

I’ve read multiple reviews saying the Neo5 had a remarkably slow bass driver.

Neo3 seems rather zippy on paper.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say slow, its rather average in speed. But if your used to BA or Planar bass then yes.
Of the ISN and Penon line-up its among the faster DDs they have for bass.

I sold it as Okavango did the job better for me at similar price range.

3 Likes

btw, the latest hype iem discovered by @ToneDeafMonk (PULA PA02) seems to be going the same way the old Urbanfun ISS014 hype train went, where as soon as people noticed them they went and raised their prices. If it goes exactly like the Urbanfun, this is only the start of the prices going up the roof…

That Urbanfun started at 20-30 usd ish, then up to 40, then 60 and lastly around 80-90 at the end of the hype (and coupled with QC issues…).

11 Likes

Have been thinking about going for a pair of CIEM - what would be the bang for the buck options right now? Have even been thinking on getting my GoldPlanar GL20s reshell(I like those open and nice with EQ) have a love for planar and was therefore looking at the CA Supermoon.

Going to be used as the main pair for the office so means going to be used for everything from music to gaming over conference calls. :wink: