IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

I don’t want to know :rofl: :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

Seems like more and more of these lists, whatever the topic, are AI generated…

btw, the teaser link headline on CNN’s front page read “Wired earbuds are popular again. We spent the last year testing them” - which is what primed me for comedy…

3 Likes

Is that a list of recommendations or most sold on Amazon?

1 Like

That article definitely sounds Ai generated imo it was good for a little chuckle this morning, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

lol, its AI generated by ChatGPT.

2 Likes
4 Likes

For those interested in the Sonic Memory SW2
A comment on the SW2 is they made an error supplying 3.5mn single end cable these tiny iems need power to perform after switching to 4.4mm balanced using the Shanling M6 Ultra on high gain at 40 or the Hiby R8 in turbo mode high gain volume set at 62 the bass deepens and warms up , improving dynamics, the imaging improves the resolution is more apparent the mids thicken up giving superb natural detailed vocals the treble is less strident.
Conversely on the Sony Nw-WM1A or Zx507 even on balanced the bass is there but not as satisfying the mids are thin but still natural timbre just recessed and the treble is more prominent.
With balanced and enough power the SW2 is unmatched in my collection and I have single DD iems over the £700 price bracket.
This and the OD200 are the perfect Ying and Yang of my collection. The technicals and resolution on the SW2 is just on another level even when compared to many multi driver sets in my collection. When considering that it’s an 8mm DD I find this incredible

Using the wood tuning nozzles with an included filter added

2 Likes

28mm, That’s huge!

1 Like

The Panasonic ergofits was good for the price.

The old Audeze Isine´s are slightly bigger (30mm).

4 Likes

I saw this in another facebook. This guy is a legend.

16 Likes

What if this is all a marketing scheme from FiiO… big brain move

7 Likes

this one gave me a good laugh :rofl:

4 Likes

Subliminally urging everyone to buy a set as soon as they put them on discount - because LEO NAS → ON SALE

:exploding_head:

8 Likes

Fiio got me over here like

10 Likes

Mind blown :rofl:

1 Like

Mildly annoyed. I order a Shozy Form 1.1 during the Christmas sale on Linsoul. I didn’t think it was a pre-order at the time ( they are a 2 year old IEM ffs ), but when I went to check it was and when you click for the details, this is what they posted.

PRE-ORDER PERIOD: FOR ORDERS PLACED DURING X’MAS SALE 2023, IN-STOCKS WILL ONLY ARRIVE IN FEBRUARY 2024.

That is rough.

7 Likes

I am really enjoying the Artti R1, very good on solid state, but fantastic on tubes ( MT-602 ).

5 Likes

oh boy that is rough. Although, a little bit on the bright side is that you avoided the massive shipping delays during that period.

4 Likes

Brother, that is rough. I’m sorry to hear you have to wait it out so long, that’s crazy. You’d think it’d be more apparent on their page…

2 Likes