IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Good news for those looking for relief in the new Symphonium prototype (most likely):

7 Likes

Didnā€™t you like Kailua? Is R1 better?

2 Likes

That sounds promisingly enticing, Iā€™ll be waiting it out as Iā€™m licking my wounds from missing out buying a 64 audio duo for 300 bucks lol

3 Likes

what was wrong with it lmao - was the owner getting investigated by the SEC or something? :rofl:

1 Like

I told eBay to alert me when it was getting close to bid time being over

They sent me an email saying the bidding was done 2 minutes after

The guy who bought it got it for fuckin 305 >:c
Iā€™ll learn my mistake about not just sitting there and watching eBay until the last second

3 Likes

I donā€™t think if you were competing with them it would have gone for that price. You might have forced them to pay $200 more for it, but expect they won it for a lot less than their top bid / what they would have fought for it.

I have to remind myself of the winning bid illusion - just because it went for x doesnā€™t mean I would have won it for x + $2 if I had got involved, though it feels like it.

4 Likes

Yes but why was a $1200 IEM going for $300? I guess weā€™ll never knowā€¦

Best of luck in your future ebay sniping adventures

2 Likes

They may have wanted to just pass on a good deal, Iā€™ve been known to blow out gear for cheap once Iā€™ve had my fun beforeā€¦

8 Likes

Yeah it seems that way, 29 people was watching and only like 6 actually bid on it. Iā€™m suspecting itā€™s because other people werenā€™t aware like me unfortunately

I wouldā€™ve paid up till 5 hundo on the dot before I gave it away, at that point Iā€™d look for a u4s

Iā€™m honestly just annoyed he got away with it for 300, god Iā€™m not a good person lol

1 Like

I need those deals lol, but I got the luck of finding deals right after spending money.

Which is what I think happened here, bought a project M and now lady luck is making me look at what I missed

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget to fixate on the shiny you have, not the shiny you missed

4 Likes

I really like the Kailua, but it is very good at everything, and not great at anything. I think that is why it wasnā€™t as widely embraced as some other HBB sets. The bass on the R1 is a bit better and noticeably more quantity, with some slam.

I tend to use the Kailua and Hola at the office right now, but if I am at home listening to something with purpose, the R1 would win. Kailua is still a very good set in that range, but I added too many sets too fast, and have been sorting out the new stuff. The LM got me back to Olina SE, and I prefer the Olina SE.

I havenā€™t A/B tested them, yet, but I am pretty sure I would take Kailua over both the EA500 and the LM. The Simgot sets live right at the edge of too bright for my tastes.

3 Likes

Also, I am really enjoying the Doscinco, so I might not be putting as much time into the under $100 sets that I have sitting around right now.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Yeah after Project M arrives And buying Singolo Iā€™m pretty much hibernating and gonna enjoy my preciousseses

maybe qdc folk too

7 Likes

Dude Iā€™m so excited to get mine like aaAAASAHAHAH

2 Likes

Im so excited! I have one on pre-order.

3 Likes

Dusk 3 is coming seemsā€¦

2 Likes

giphy
:nerd_face:

5 Likes

Five days passedā€¦ can you write your impressions of the Crimson? Iā€™m curious.

1 Like