IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

IBasso DC-Elite has a really bad design.
The volume wheel is really hard to turn. When it is lying on the table you can not really change the volume so you need to put it in your hand, hold it vertically, and then you can adjust the volume while the really hard and edgy corner of the housing is torturing your palm :man_facepalming:
Sounds very warm and analogue might be good with analytical IEMs.
This goes straight back into its Box.
I might sound a bit harsh today but thereĀ“s already too much praise for almost any product out there :smiley:

13 Likes

Keep it honest and true, brother! Iā€™d much prefer that.

Love the look of this thing but sometimes, function over form is more important!

3 Likes

I also love the look and also the materials are nice but the handling is an absolute fail.
Q15 is much better in handling and I also prefer its sound which is not so warm but still a bit too warm and a bit too beefy in the bass and I much prefer Zen Dac v2 which, suprisingly, is less warm/bassy compared to Q15.
I was eying Q15 all the time and had high hopes but I guess I just much prefer less warm/coloured sources.
For me, soundwise: G5>Q15 features: Q15>G5
Oh and G5 also wins at having the best volume wheel :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Wow more big driver

Very interesting, I appreciate all the input on these sources, brother. The Q15 looks like an absolute BEAST of a unit. I canā€™t believe that thing is portable! haha

2 Likes

You are welcome brother! :slight_smile:
I really like the Form factor and heftā€¦its portable in the sense of moving it from your desk to the couch but i would not want to walk around with it in my Pocket.
BTR7 is still the way to go imho.
Or BTR15 that thing is stupidly good If you like uncoloured very open sound.

1 Like

Definitely. The Q15 is one of those ā€˜portableā€™ desktop solutions which I assume would be really good for someone who travels a lot but still needs the music with them!
The BTR7 is still bae, I think that little source does a lot in such a tiny package. The Muse M4 is also really good as well! It has a fun sound with great bass punch, especially when using it wired. The FiiO KA17 is another little dongle I couldnā€™t recommend more. It really impressed me at CanJam! Very warm and impactful presentation with great techs for just $150. 650 mW of power as well!

I agree with him. I had this demo unit few weeks before :wink:

Hello guys, I have a question.

Iā€™m looking for specific ear tips that came with the OG Teas, they fit wonderfully with my ear anatomy and work for almost all of my IEMs with excellent seal and isolation. I think I prefer them over the Dunu S&S which I very much like.

Iā€™ve looked everywhere I can so any help is much appreciated. For those that have them and have similar alternatives to share is of course welcome.

(Photo courtesy of VSG from TechPowerUp (great reviewer))

1 Like

Those look almost exactly like KZ Starline tips. Theyā€™re very cheap; might be worth ordering a set and seeing if theyā€™re the same.

5 Likes

They do, thanks! Theyā€™re a bit stiffer than the average silicon ones, so I hope itā€™s the same.

1 Like

That does sound like KZ Starlines.

1 Like

Pilgrim silver standard $399 or black Noir $799ā€¦

5 Likes

Noir of course, but the price seems a bit high to me for the configuration offered :nerd_face:.

3 Likes

Anyone with Project M find a cable to roll it with? Mines got oxidation which is normal since this is my everyday beater carry now. That cable is wack for being white even if it does look good

I only ever had a single cable go hulk on me and it was a 40 usd CEMA cable, XINHS works great for me.

3 Likes

Project Mā€™s got these weird connections, they look like TFZ length but someone said they were slightly recessed QDCs

Honestly Iā€™d buy both to test but they donā€™t have anywhere to go if they both donā€™t work.

If all else fails Iā€™d bite the bullet and experiment tho

I think TGXear used XINHS cable for the og Serratus and thatā€™s been slowly going green for me (after almost 2 years). YMMV.

3 Likes

KZ Vader Balanced :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:
KZā€™s best IEMs I heard so far, just listening for an hour but wow these impress with a fantastic tuning.

The UUDD setting rocks. Want some Doscinco Flavour?

Squiglink - IEM frequency response database by Harpso

Bonus Meme

Summary

6 Likes

What the hell is up with KZ and their 8k peaksā€¦ anyways, it looks fantastic next to the Dos, I will admit!

1 Like