IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I say its better for him to try Vido first, to see if MX500 shell works. Then if it does, he can consider getting tgx78´s buds or my own.

2 Likes

Ah crikey, 200 USD?? I mean, I read his post, he’s clearly not doing it for the money, but I need to save up a bit for that haha. but he uses MX500 shell shape?

The scratchy foam part of the Monk also bothered me lol. I mean, it was a freebie, but I haven’t used it more than 2 hrs before chucking it in a drawer

Didn’t know you had something torwards neutral/bright, sorry :joy:

You know what we need? A separate earbud thread! Unless there is one already :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, he also uses MX500 shaped buds.

My 7 lineups will have room for (almost) everything and I do have a few candidates for a more classical fitting bud.

2 Likes

Yup, it exists lol.

1 Like

Damn, nobody ever told me this before!

3 Likes

Cuz people look down on buds way too much…

(probably due to past experience when they were included in those old dumbphones lol.)

3 Likes

All swing and no sweat, happy to say, but I know that shipping from China to America is essentially operating at 19th century speed right now. It’s gonna be hard to resist picking a model with next-day delivery from Amazon, if I’m just trying it out…

Moondrop chaconne, then return it :joy:

you want it from amazon?

ok.

2 Likes

the poor guy will cry over the fit lol. That aint beginner friendly. :joy:

Oh and foam fitting :joy: :joy: :joy: the good ol’days

1 Like

Even I tore a few foams on the Chaconne lol.

Some feedback on the Iris 2.0:

I wasn’t a believer until I tried it myself.

LBBs > Qian39 for classical/orchestral tho (only 2 buds I have on me atm).

@StevehamNY please do look into this! Earbuds are amazing value for the sound quality!

3 Likes

So I got my BTR3K and it confirmed some suspicions I had. With my UTWS3 I noticed that I preferred the sound from my MacBook vs my android phone. I thought this was odd cause the only difference should have been the codec used which I didn’t think would make such a noticeable difference. With the BTR3K I noticed the same thing. My phone can only use aptx vs the aac on my computer. Are the quality of the codecs really that different?

Thank you very much, @nymz, @Rikudou_Goku, and @Tfaduh! I have some buds coming and I’ll tell you which ones after I try them out with a very deep Classical library. (I have a feeling they’ll do pretty well with acoustic jazz, as well?)

I literally never considered this direction before today, so I really appreciate the advice. Music has been such an escape during these past two upside-down years, and one of the best parts of that has been meeting such kind and generous people as yourselves.

4 Likes

A fair bit of my library is acoustic jazz and I can confirm that earbuds will work great for it!

I’ll have to A/B to see if LBBs is better or Qian39 for it though.

Definitely let us know your impressions when you get them! Be keen to hear what you think!

3 Likes

oh no, so much for collecting the cards!! Bring back the Olina thread.

1 Like