IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I thought to try some Final E tips on the Oriveti OH300s, to tame the occasional sibilance on vocal syllables. I already love the tuning on these, the sibilance on occasion was the only issue for me. Well 15 minutes later, still no sibilance. I’d only really been trying wide bore tips.\

These are very high recs from me, even for hybrids. Easily in my top 10 for musical enjoyment, it might be tricky getting more specific after that… could quite likely be in the top 6 somewhere though.

4 Likes

Great summary post on ways to (reversibly) mod your IEM:

@paulwasabii you probably know all the tricks of the trade but tagging you just in case :wink:
I might try the 80% coverage of metal nozzle mesh on my S12 instead of front vent tape to tame the treble peaks

2 Likes

has ANYONE actually gotten a moondrop chu that isn’t a reviewer… I’ve been waiting a month for the shenzhen shipping

Pretty decent but they are missing the good stuff. Like using blutack, tuning foams and X meshes. :smirk:

2 Likes

Haha yes Master Modder , the list is indeed incomplete. Do you have more info on the mods you use in a single location like your database? Or would they turn up in searches on HifiGuides?

Besides having graphed mods in my squig.

I have linked to some of the posts here

1 Like

thanks! definitely will try the foam mod for the S12!

1 Like

Do keep in mind that you can “demo” the mod by putting the tuning foams inside the tips instead of the nozzle (which would require you to remove the filter).

2 Likes

I got mine 3-4 weeks after I ordered (took a week to ship from hifigo then got stuck in customs a bit)

1 Like

yeah Paul’s video showed it inside the eartips and not inside the nozzle. i wouldn’t want to remove the metal mesh because it might be glued on

Oh that’s the diy foam mod. Yeah that what you do.

But you can do that with the proper tuning foams as well.

1 Like

Where is the mod for the S12? Would’nt want to take those apart and wreck them, like the way they are. Does covering the front vent do anything?

He was talking about this:

Its not specifically for the S12, just a general mod.

2 Likes

Posted my full impressions in the Qudelix 5K thread comparing it to the BTR3K

2 Likes

Pulled the trigger on Chu as soon as I saw the graph, bought them from Moondrop on AliE and got them in 3 weeks to USA.

2 Likes

I got my chu in like 10 days or less from aliex.

I ordered them on Amazon de (seller = Shenzhen audio store). The thing is said to be shipped, but the parcel tracking just says “parcel info received” so I doubt the package have been really sent…

1 Like

could be stuck at a sort facility with the lockdown

Ordered from the Moondrop Store on April 12, got them May 4 (surprisingly fast for me).
The Chu train has me wanting to break them apart and put on a relaxed cable.

1 Like

Wow this case looks super handy:
Carrying Case Holder Organizer Storage Box for 64 Audio U6t U12T U18T A18 for Final A8000 Series HIFI Earbud Earphone Sleeve Bag|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress.
Fits just 1 IEM though…but maybe worth it for extra protection :sweat_smile:

Edit: but wait, there’s more!

1 Like