IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

This is why options and observations are subjective in this hobby. What I hear might be something completely different to someone else’s ears.

Different ears , equipment and mood all play a part.

My View on the UP’s and comparison to the EJ07M’S.

5 Likes

I’ve been wanting to buy Xenns Up for a time now but what is really pulling me from it is I’m fully satisfied with my EJ07M-KL with +3dB bass boost (I just love the slams and texture) and my new Symphonium Meteor. I feel like these two are my end game sets.

Seriously though Xenns has really nice tunings, I’d like to vouch Tea2 for you but I feel like the lack of bass might dissatisfy you.

3 Likes

I think I will save up for the Fat Frequency Mistro Mini V2 if the rumors are true sounds like a Bassier UP in the same kinda special way. Hopefully $500 or less :wink:

2 Likes

LOL :laughing:

They are clever in distinguishing between a balloon and a money press. Furthermore, the United States allowed the balloon to do its job, and the Chinese granted permission for the strike.

1 Like

Sound bites | Monarch MKII vs MEST MKII - YouTube Dan got me covered with Mmk2 Vs UMMmk2. If you read that - thanks :heart:

With all the limitations that demos have I think this is best possible way without auditioning live to compare. And they are damn close - though listening through UMMOG I feel like Monarch is slightly more vocal forward and just a bit, bit clearer in the voices

3 Likes

My review of the Truthear Hola is up in my HiFiGuides thread.

The Truthear Hola is a solid contender at the sub-$20 price point. I do think there are real gaps between the Hola, the Moondrop Chu, and the 7Hz Zero with respect to various aspects of technical performance. With that said, while these gaps are concrete, they are small enough that your primary decision point should be based on the subtle differences in tuning between the three. For those just entering the IEM space, my recommendation would be to purchase all three to better inform your more expensive purchases down the road.

2 Likes

Great review and audio enthusist starter suggestions. If you wanted a Harmon tuned Version I would throw the KiwiEars Cadenza worthy in there too for a different taste.

Cheers Tone Deaf Monk

1 Like

Pretty accurate I’d say, but to me the Bass is still bland even with vent blocked :man_shrugging:

The OG ThieAudio Oracle has wonderful mids and timbre that’s actually quite reminiscent of the Monarchs. I wouldn’t go for the Mk2s though as they really don’t meet the same standard. That’s where my head goes when someone asks for Monarch mids for under six bills.

2 Likes

KZ PR1 PRO

A Dynamic Driver kind of bass sound. I like more so than the Timeless I had.

Stage is better and bass is solid. A very well tuned Planar.

Worth the $80 IMHO.

3 Likes

Hmm these two sounds familiar and was not taken well :zipper_mouth_face::laughing:

Semi-regular reminder to roll your tips on new IEMs if something seems/feels off. I’ve been breaking in a new-to-me pair of VE EXT’s over the weekend and, while they’re pretty fat in the lowend on paper, I was getting deep but flat bass on them with several standards (CP-100s, Azla Earfits, etc.) I was beginning to think something was wrong until I threw a pair of Azla Crystals on and BAM! THERE’S THE BRAIN MASSAGE!

6 Likes

I must have gotten lucky when I auditioned the EXTs a few months back as they had the Azlas on them too. I really liked the sound quality of them, they sounded a bit close to the Mest MKII overall but with some minor refinements.

1 Like

Hey, does anyone know how I can increase input volume without clipping? Tried increasing mic input volume but I keep getting clipping messages and jagged measures.

Have you tried turning this up?
Uploading: Screenshot_20230206-172850062 (1).jpg…
Have you tried turning your Macbook output volume up?

Ya. It’s either not loud enough or too loud clipping and then jagged graphs :confused:

Username is VIVIDICI_111. Highest level in measurements is 111 dB SPL.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Conspiracy GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

Funny enough I randomly made that username so it’s even more of a coincidence LOL

1 Like

U12T REVIEW Hot take coming through:

Full write up in my thread, but basically the same as the video:

11 Likes

Timmy’s Galileo finally dropped, and it’s $100. That’s not the best or the worst price. So that’s a good start

6 Likes