IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I’m in the us

Also relistening to my final there is decent imaging which I like but the soundstage sounds like it’s maybe like a music bubble is like 3 inches

check out the ER2SE/XR then, they are very highly regarded for a long time now.

As I mentioned above though, if you want better technicalities, I would recommend the FH3 over the Moondrops.

What technicalities

Also the etymonics design looks painful

everything, from details, instrument separation, imaging to soundstage.

Bass quality (speed, tightness and texture) are also way above the moondrops.

Yes, the design, deep fit is another reason why I havent bought it. I know it wont work for me.

Yeah I know little about that. Imagining I know is just how good it is going between left to right and specifics and I like that but I know nothing about soundstage (so most headphones zeos praises mean nothing) as it’s hard to make something directly around your ears feel like it’s farther away, especially in a small room. I like knowing details though I dunno if I care about separation

I basically want 3 things

1. Very comfy
  2. Sounds nice, little v shape with a focus on treble but enough for bass to have power and impact and mids to be clear
  3. Doesn’t break easily

My DAP is an LG V35 so it’s pretty powerful so that doesn’t matter as much

You can check my terminology list here: RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds Ranking list, Music list, Statistics)

1. very hard for us to answer for you as we all got different ears. But the FH3 has a more custom-like shell than the moondrops.

2. Sounds more like the FH3 then (I call it L-shaped but some have called it V-shaped, probably due to the fletcher munson curve).

3. the moondrops and the FH3 are all metal.

Just a reminder that chinese new year is coming soon (12 February). So if you want to order something from China , better do it fast because otherwise you be waiting for a few weeks.

How long do they celebrate a new year for…a few weeks? :astonished:

Well according to Larry.

Damn bet they’re hungover for the rest of the year?..could explain the L30 fiasco :man_shrugging: lol

lol, they certainly do take a very long break during new years. But you cant really blame them when they work a lot of hours normally.

1 Like

Aye lost time made good :laughing:

1 Like

Considering the term “loss prevention” takes on a whole new meaning in China based factories, they need the time off

2 Likes

Fiio FD1 and JadeAudio EA1, confirmed to be the same by fiio themselves.

2 Likes

Amazon US is still $29.99 I feel its a bargain for that compared to FD1 which is now $59.99.

yeah, the EA1 has been half the price of the FD1 for a while now. People were suspecting that they were identical, but now with that confirmation even better.

Just hope their QC is good, because I am pretty sure I have seen reports on different units sounding different coming from the same user.

I’ve seen a few reports here and there saying they sounds different aswell. Units variance must be the one to blame once again.

yeah, chi-fi needs to step with their QC overall.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. My assessment on chi-fi is that they throw as much crap against the wall and see what sticks. The consumers will do the R&D for them.

Meanwhile, hype gets generated from reviewers and throwing in the new hyped material driver.

Exactly, that is my opinion on the majority of chi-fi as well.

But lately we are getting more and more better tuned iem, that are really impressive.

1 Like