IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

What a gorgeous design. I’m definitely looking forward to hearing how you’re feeling on them - they haven’t seem to have gained much traction since release.

1 Like

First impression is quite good it has got a good amount of quality bass.
Sub bass rumble is quite impressing, midbass has a good slam and does not muddy the mids.
Mids are very good, no complaints.
Treble is somewhat problematic on certain occasions and can hurt my ears arround 5k. It could use a little more air aswell (high hats)
I am a little underwhelmed of its stage at that price point.
Shozy Magma was more impressive for cheaper.
Layering is good though.
Looks, fit and comfort are fantastic.
Overall I like it but would not recommend it for that price. Shozy Magma I would recommend easily but I wished it had the same subbass rumble as Top

9 Likes

This is definitely my market driver in 2023. There are very good IEMs out there that I just wouldn’t recommend because you can get 85-100% of their quality for far less.

5 Likes

I knew that was true for overall sound but I thought that at least technicalities must be better at higher prices but apparantly not always

4 Likes

Very interesting! Gotta say you piqued my interest with the Shozy. Have been telling myself I need/don’t need the Xenns Top as a clear, yet still hefty set in the rhythm section. I do like my rumble…

idontneedit-spongebob

1 Like

I thought I was into something when I tried the Azla SednaFit lights on the monarch’s… I was wrong.

The TRN-T tips seem to be a damn near perfect match for this IEM. I am pleasantly surprised at how good they match. My word. Highly recommended if you own the Monarch’s or another pair with a similar FR. They’re hella comfortable as well. After countless tips, I hope these are the ones.

I. Really. Hope. These. Are. The. Ones.

So far? Very nice

5 Likes

The SA Meteor brings the rhythm section like no other. Definitely a recommendation if the rhythm section is your main priority. @VIVIDICI_111 has mine on demo and put out a solid video on it.

5 Likes

I had written off the Meteor, telling myself it may be too warm to give good clarity as well. Watching the video you mentioned put it right back on my list vs the Xenns Top! Decisions, decisions…

Edit: Forgot to say thank you:)

1 Like

Mags, speaking of the rhythm section, how would you compare the Maestro minis to the Meteor? I have yet to hear an IEM quite like the Minis, the way it brings so much warm and power to the bass guitar and kicks, it forces you to move in a way my other IEMs cannot compare to. I’m curious to hear how you’d compare them.

1 Like

I think something is wrong with me. I’ve had the Wan Er for a few months now. Wasn’t really blown away by the sound, and for some reason could not them to fit me comfortably not matter what I did. Tonight I said to myself, “let me put the original cord on them and try them one more time”. And, I love them. They fit fine, took my time looking at them before lining them up for insert. I think the nozzle is slightly on the large side, but nothing like the Crinacle Zero. Those things are too much for me. Shame because they sound great. Just too damned big.

1 Like

I’ve been trying the EST50 for half a week (I think?), the EA500, and spent an hour or more with the Canon today (between 000 and 010). Putting the Serial back in I have to wonder what I’ll think…

… and it’s just “right”. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I have time for all the above… but the Serial just sort of does it all at once effortlessly. If I had the money I’d keep the EST50 as the “dark chocolate” option for sometimes, but it’s too colored to pull everything off all the time, and the indulgent set shouldn’t cost more than the EDC. So smooth, and very well tuned. But the Serial straddles bassy and natural in its own inimitable way.

6 Likes

So I pulled the trigger on the Legato reservation! I’m excited to try it. The Timeless was the first real iem I tried so I’m coming full circle brand wise

4 Likes

Will EA500 be your EDC?!

1 Like

Penon Serial

2 Likes

Enjoying a Friday evening session. Sa6u + mojo. Just perfect! Nothing beats getting goosebumps :). Happy listening guys.

4 Likes

The Serial, though if I can push budget I’ll keep the EA500 as my “different” set. Even a favorite tuning can lose its luster for a day or two now and then. I am also keeping the Fan 2 by default as it was a gift, so no selling it to rearrange funds. That’s not a struggle though, I really like it and the fit is slightly better than the Serial for me.

4 Likes

For me the Mini was just a tad to elevated with bass presence when I listened at higher volumes. Which most of the music I’m listening to already seems mastered to place emphasis on the bass of the rhythm section. Meteor still brings warmth and authority but presented it in a more balanced way that never was to much at my preferred volume. The drivers presenting bass also come into play. Where I preferred the Meteor as bass guitar texture came through more and had a more authentic attack and decay or at least more pleasing to my ear.

3 Likes

Crins take on NY’s CJ with a wee bit of Z lol…

4 Likes

I love his response to the W2022 price, “how is [~$9000 US] NOT that expensive in today’s landscape?”

3 Likes

Interesting … interesting indeed. I wonder how the studio 4 would sound being A/B’d against the MMKII. I know @Timmy-Gizaudio just put out a video on it, but I’m curious about how he feels on the Bass quality on the Monarch’s. To me, it’s lacking that extra texture to really set it apart and justify that $1000 price tag, and it’s not even about the quantity either, more about the quality in this case.

They both have BAs taking care of a majority of the Mid-bass, so it’s an interesting comparison indeed.

2 Likes