IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

It that is the price rumors that would be my next one 100%

On route.
Better make thread now!

4 Likes

They took the diaphragm they developed for their UPCOMING FLAGSHIP MODEL and put it into EW200.

They’re going to come with something above EA2000?

Oh you dirty fucking bitches!

4 Likes

Intuition tells me I’d enjoy them more with a higher bass shelf/bump relative to how high it gets later on… but it’s not like that’s been a problem with the EA500 so I doubt it would be here.

4 Likes

By the looks of it a bass bump of 1.5db and a upper Mids reduction of the same amout should make the EW200 a more balanced version.

Excited to hear the new driver and how it keeps the house Simgot sound signature.

1 Like

What was the rumored price under $150 I think?

I think Simgot could easily get $120-$160 :thinking:

EW200 is their $35 set

I dunno what the plan for a new flagship would be

2 Likes

Seriously ok wow. I didn’t hear about the pricing thats crazy. I thought the EW100 was good.

Ok then save some money for a flagship.

1 Like

The highlighted word means “Zhenlong” which is the Chinese name for the Maze set. So according to this article it will be 199 yuan like the original EW200?

If so that is nuts. Loving this company more every week.

3 Likes

After a long long time of wanting and waiting, I’ve finally gotten the opportunity to acquire one of the infinity stones of vocal/mid centric sets on my “try before I die” list; the OG Mangird Tea.

Thank you to @MMag05 for the amazing deal and further more, where’s the CEO because I need my damn cookie :cookie: :smirk: I told you I would get it eventually, @nymz !

15 Likes

Damn, he came running!!!

2 Likes

You dont need a :cookie: , you were already in the cult, so take the whole package :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I hereby approve this. Especially because I just got that cable for my Mest Mk2 :call_me_hand:

Best,

nymz
The CEO and Scouts’ Cookies Thief

3 Likes

Damn that cable looks nice with the shell.

5 Likes

How cathartic… man.

Potentially the most important package of cookies I’ve ever received in my entire life :smiling_face_with_tear:

Thank you, sir - it was well worth the wait :handshake:

4 Likes

You listening to the Tea and enjoying your box of cookies :cookie:.

IMG_2210

4 Likes

I do love chocolate chip cookies, that’s for sure :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Dude, P8 looks like a banger, let’s hope the price is around that $400 mark!

6 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face: :arrow_down::arrow_down: :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

1 Like

My first night sippin’ the Tea

To summarize my ridiculous (completely subconscious) goal of collecting some of the most interesting and important mid centric IEMs of recent times, I have now acquired in my collection a number of well renowned and typically well received sets that I now have the opportunity to compare and enjoy in my own home. I remember distinctly reading all about the Tea cult, even before officially joining this forum with a username and password, and it all was lead by a man we all know as @nymz - everyone was getting this god damned cookie for joining this cult and needless to say, I wanted in. At that time, I can confidently say I wasn’t a newbie but I can also say relatively speaking, I was not as experienced as I am now. At that time, I could count on one hand how many IEMs I had owned and maybe 2 hands were needed to count how many I had listened to. Times are different now. The experience I’ve gathered in such a short amount of time cannot be expressed with mere words. It’s insane really.

With that being said, I’ve nailed down my preferences pretty solidly. Vocals. That’s the deciding factor for me when it comes to IEMs I choose to pick up and listen to. It’s difficult to really put it into words, but they not only have to render vocals in a lovely way, but they also have to present the rest of sound in way where it compliments the vocalist. In the recent years (or at least to my knowledge) I’ve compiled this list of mine, things I must try before I die and it goes as follows;

Monarch MKII :white_check_mark:
Softears RSV :white_check_mark:
OG Dark Magician :white_check_mark:
LetShouer EJ07 :white_check_mark:
Elysian Annihilator/Diva :white_check_mark:
Mangird Tea :white_check_mark:

They all have one thing in common = they’re all mid centric IEMs with the mids being their specialty. I can’t believe how fast I was able to put check marks next to all of these - I only just made this list late last year and a majority of the list was done since January. It’s just, insane to me. I do not own the OG EJs nor do I own the RSVs but truthfully, while they’re both amazing in their own right, my current stable gets the job done convincingly and I no longer desperately want them after hearing them. (Maybe besides the Divas and Annihilators but, that’s another story for someone else to elaborate on :eyes:)

Let me wrap this up - the OG Mangird Teas are amazing IEMs. I believe that in todays current landscape, are they worth their original price of $300? Probably not. But that’s not my point at all - they do have a special way of making you feel when it comes to the vocals. They are pushed ever so forward, but are never harsh. Female vocals have an amazing resonance about them that I can’t put my finger on… the depth and overall stage presentation is truly open and “holographic” as they say. It’s highly enjoyable and rather addictive. This is just another one of those sets where I can’t take them out of my ears and press pause. It was hard enough to take the photos but we got it done!

If you can find a pair on the second hand for a good price, I’d say they’re worth it under $200 imo. Maybe even under $250. I know the big boy in town around that price range now-a-days is the Kiwi Orchestra lite & while that is a nice pair of IEMs, they don’t have a special factor to them. These, the OG Teas are special and they shall remain in my collection for many years to come.

Thanks for reading, Gents :+1:

20 Likes