IEM recommendation sub $200

I hear that Ikko OH10’s are amazing

2 Likes

OH10 are pretty good, not as detailed, but better bass. Good soundstage as well. They fit me better after getting the right tips compared

2 Likes

If you like the Tin T2, the T4 has better highs and deeper lows. Very good sound. Pictured is the T2 on the left and the T4 on the right. So if you like the fit they are comparable.

1 Like

It makes me wonder though Tin T4 or Moondrop Starfield

1 Like

Okay I just bought the Moondrop Starfield. I was really having a hard time between them and the OH1’s :joy: .Hopefully me likey. Thanks for your input everyone!

6 Likes

Nice one enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Starfield is an iem I think most people will like over the t4 due to tuning.

4 Likes

This guy says the new ThieAudio Voyager 3 IEMs win in this bracket. The price is around $160-170 shipped.

For reference, he’s compared this to Fearless, Moondrop, TSMR, (his favorite brands listed as ones he compared to) along with KZ and BLON IEMs and other things. I was wondering if anyone has tested these out yet. Chi-fi evolves relatively quickly in these price brackets, so I’m thinking something newer like this could be a go-to.

Also, Crinacle put the ikko OH1 (OH10 as well) at a B-, with the Galaxy Buds at a B, and to me, imo, the KZ ZSX are significantly better than those. I’ve heard many people say they win out up through the $100 price bracket for Chi-fi, so I’d be a bit wary of going for the OH1s without doing more research and seeing newer comparisons to it from vids on newer IEMs. Also I’ve seen people not use the right tips on all types of earbuds in their reviews, including experienced reviewers, so keep that in mind. Companies somehow seem to fail to give decent tips and earpads on their gear and can dramatically improve with the right ones on. Some people describe a fatigue issue that has been nonexistent for me, since the Spinfits 360s work perfectly with KZ IEMs (they’re not good on any other earbud I’ve tried, though).

On Moondrop - I’ve checked out several long reviews from youtube and people like Audiofool to get an idea on these. Audiofool ranks the KXXS and Kanas Pro only slightly above a KZ ZS10 Pro, which is often seen as worse to the ZSX. the Moondrop KXXS is almost double the price of the Starfield, so unless the Starfield is somehow a dramatic improvement at a lower cost, I wouldn’t expect the Starfield to be a go-to. I’ve seen it hold up fairly well but I concluded it’s not the winner at that price point, often seeing IEMs in the $60s be preferred over it. Seems like probably better than any KZ, maybe better QC and stock features, but not significantly enough to pick it. I’ve seen TINs in the $60-ish range and even the BLON03s preferred over it before, which is disappointing. YMMV.

2 Likes

I watched his review but the fact that the Starfield and OH1’s were on Amazon prime and shipping was like 2 days made me not consider the Voyager or Shozy. They probably sound amazing tho!
Been listening to the Starfield for a while now and all I can say is they sound more detailed than the T2? And maybe its placebo but guitar strings sound so good with these. I cant rly say much about them since I don’t rly A/B test them or know much about what to look for anyways in IEMs :joy:. But I rly enjoy their sound especially the vocals. The only drawbacks for me are that they’re my first over ear iem’s and kinda heavy so its a lil annoying to take in/out of my ear when im walking around campus.

1 Like

Hey, I mean sounding great and pleasant is what really matters to most people the end. I was running Bose and Sony XM2s for so long that I forgot that soundstage and surround thing was a thing :rofl:
For some people, there’s a functional benefit to having better audio equipment. For example, a good pair of IEMs might be enough to convince you to go play surround sound rain / white noise (ex. mynoise.net) and be more productive, as it has for me.

2 Likes

OH10 hands down the best under $200 I’ve heard. I have a few in the $40 to $200 range and the OH10 takes the :crown:.

Now if you want to spend a bit more you can find the Fiio FA7 for $250 which is my favorite IEM right now. They have a more well rounded sound compared to the OH10.

1 Like

I kind of want to try the OH10 but Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews puts the Blon03, some KZ IEMs, the OH10 and Moondrops all in B tier. I also like the bass that I get with the KZ ZSX, and I kind of want to try the ThieAudio Voyager 3, but that’s also in B tier so I dunno. I haven’t seen enough people actually score these things, though these do seem to be a fan favorite for sub $200 IEMs. I’m getting a tax return and some $$ from my dad so I might go for it. I don’t use an amp/dac so I wonder if it will still be a big improvement over the KZ ZSX.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Lookin for an upgrade from the Blons (love the sound signature), but not really getting a clear direction. The Bad Guy spreadsheet (which is great) confused me even more. I might just wait for the updated Blons and try those first if I can’t narrow it down.

1 Like

Yeah I’m convinced that there are kind of just a lot of holes in the market at different price points. I look at how Crinnacle gave the OH1s a B- and the Galaxy Buds a B. I have the the Galaxy Buds and I put them a few steps below my KZ ZSXs. The Buds have less of a soundstage and 0 bass at all. My KZ ZSXs were vastly improved once I put Spinfit tips on them and not stock or other silicone tips (I’ve tried multiple top brands). It’s crazy that there are top rated earbud tips (Final Audio Black Silicone Eartips) that completely mess up the bass, comfort, and thus the whole feel and impression of the IEMs. Even the Blons people recommend switching the tips and cable, though it seems like the stock is a bit better. I still haven’t even gotten my new 16c cable from Ali to see if it improves the sound in addition to the QoL. The KZ ZSXs only have been put in the same tier as the Blons by people who have put the right tips on them, as Spinfits are a relatively new hot item that happens to work phenomenally on these IEMs. For about $65 with the IEMs, 16c cable, and tips, it’s not too bad.

I feel like there are probably a bunch of sleeper IEMs that far exceed their value, as well as some that fall short at their value. Maybe sometime I’ll grab a pair of Blons and the Oh10s just to see, since it’s free return shipping, but then I’ll have to play around with more earbud tips and test songs so I don’t know at this point. They’d have to be mighty good for me to want to keep them, and if the KZ ZSXs with Spinfits are close to as good as the OH10s, you can bet I’m gonna tell the world about it every time I see them mentioned.

ikko OH-10 have a really nice bass, good treble, and are more refined probably than the BL-03. Just a matter of whether they fit in your ear or not. Probably the closest thing to a step up from the BL-03.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put so much weight on one or two people’s scores and attitude towards specific IEMs. If you can get a feel for what you like in a sound profile, you also need to get a feel for how someone else feels about it when they review it, too. Sibilant to them might be detailed to you, your muddy might be warm to them, etc. It’s not that they don’t have good points, especially when they have exposure to a whole mess of units, but don’t get hung up on the difference between an A and an A-; there’s a lot of subjective considerations that you need to take with a grain of salt.
For the record, I prefer the OH1 and OH10 to the BL-03 in pretty much every way, but it isn’t what I would consider a night-and-day difference.

3 Likes

Blon 03 is like an He4xx, OH10 are like Sundara, might seem similar but they are a world apart…

2 Likes

from what i know the Tin T2 are basically the essential IEMs for under $100… now i just need to know whether to spend money on a bluetooth dongle DAC so i am always using bluetooth whether its my bluetooth headphones or my headphone jack

1 Like

@duke86fan Well…
It depends on what kind of sound you want, and what your budget is.
I wouldn’t rate them higher than some of the other IEMs under $100, they just fulfill a specific use purpose.
If you got into IEMs, what would be important to you?

I sold my Bluetooth M50x for my iems and a Fiio BTR3. Its a lot more portable and practical for my use case cause i move around a lot and unpacking and packing over ear headphones every time is too much of a hassle.

I use the BTR 3 cause my darn phone’s USB C port is so loose.