IEMs that are considered upgrades to Fiio FH3

Great choices. I have my Mangird Tea right next to me. It would be a very good compliment to the FH3. It’s a very different tuning (sub bass focused) BGGAR’s ideal tuning. He rates it very high on his ranking list. I love mine.

1 Like

Don’t bother. I prefer the FH3 to the FH7. The FA9 is a dud no one enjoys. All BA.

1 Like

Ok ok, the upgrade should have at least the same (quantity and) quality of the bass. Better? :smiley:

But lucky me, if there isn’t a real contender to FH3s bass in the sub 700$ section, my wallet is happy.

What about the Stax IEMs…?

wait…
That is actually a thing?
350 usd + energizer
…interesting

1 Like

There you go. We finally have our answer to what is the “best”. Finally the journey can end!

good one :smile:

1 Like

The journey never ends…

5 Likes

Bought now the FD5 and I’m very excited how they compare to the FH3.

4 Likes

Congratulations. Hope you enjoy it. Great IEM…

And I must congratulate you on congratulating FlowRecords. It was very classy and respectable of you. Well done!

Ok, for the Stax SRS-005smk2 you’re looking at $466 eBay, for 003mk2 + 252s energizer. Having owned SRS-3100, I can say this is not a fantastic energizer lol. But you pay like 5x more for the next one up, so…

I thought the FH3 had a 100mW limit on their webpage.

That’s the peak output. You can usually ignore that spec.

How would you compare the tuning of the fh3 to the h40? I have the h40 and enjoy it’s lush sounding tuning. Since the fh3 has a more shouty presentation to you, would they be a more lively sounding set?

+1, I actually sold my Fostex Ebony(since they are too heavy on my head) for FH3 a friggin iem lol.
those thick beryllium DD bass bruh
AND no ! before someone else here says that BLON03 has better bass

1 Like

The Blon has garbage bass. But there’s a lot of it. I wish more people here understood the difference.

Loud bass does not = good bass.

2 Likes

Mesh mod helps it a lot. But yeah, people have to be clear if they are talking about bass quantity or quality.

I’m not down on the Blon. It is a fantastically tuned IEM for its price. But compared to IEMs like the FH3, the Blon’s bass is soft, mushy, undefined and a slow mess in comparison, but some might prefer it’s elevated bass tuning.

If whatever you’re listening to does not require or take advantage of the much better technical abilities much better IEMs possess, then you probably won’t recognize it or care.

Example… Music that was recorded poorly or recorded with older gear will have reduced frequency extension and will not require technical speed.

It is all subjective. It all depends on what is important to you as a listener.

From what I remember of H40, I’d say FH3 is more clear, natural, less spacious, and much better quality bass(and not overly emphasized and uber warm). H40 is quite interesting and special, if you happen to like the tuning, IMO. I wish it did appeal to me, it’s an amazingly good looking IEM in a competitive price bracket. Vocals on H40 probably sound much nicer, smoother, and fuller.