🔷 iFi Hip-DAC

This is the official thread for the iFi Hip-DAC

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• 4.4mm BAL and 3.5mm headphone out, type A audio in, type c charging
  • 2.0V/400 mW @ 16 Ohm with PowerMatch:
  • Burr Brown dac, xbass, MQA and DSD support, small

:red_circle: Headphones.com link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

1 Like

https://hifipig.com/ifi-hip-dac-portable-usb-dac-headphone-amp/

the petrol had me with the first look

2 Likes

This seems pretty dang nice imo, curious to hear it soon at canjam

3 Likes

I can’t tell, is the ifi Micro still more powerful and natural?

Dac/amp/hip-flask now that’s a first.

7 Likes

I would say so, but I have to hear it first. If it sounds like a portable zen dac then yes the micro is still a step up imo

1 Like

This seems to be a good budget dac/amp for portable usage. If the 700mW power output is correct, it could be suitable for desktop usage.

I’m curious as to how this’ll stack up against the XD-05

1 Like

If you want that desktop capability, I would just go for a used ifi Micro IDSD regular imo. Most likely way better for the price.

Ifi has one on the way for us to review.

2 Likes

Nice, curious to see what you think of it :+1:

???..

https://www.electronicsforless.ca/ifi-hip-dac-portable-music-player-blue-10132.html?cf_chl_captcha_tk=44f83a5ecd699a26cc1aa2a76acaa3d1497477f4-1580414510-0-AXEEoPFXjHdIGonKGQ0RGCipAP7EOUCDc5hcBm0JugSM8bjiYBWz2BiKbQgHqMzNXgvg6HhQG8ePeXOWNYXL-NlrTWtvzi2KF35SfxDWlFGyLmfIjIQlZafhyfS9C815tjBH6dXGe8acyyKnrcE9qtNvIS5zQKgYxrfGQMM1I_z2-1n8YkXoJw6TbKJTVgHaXM9QDOHNsf_axV35Qn0ER9Moe07m9ZSsKj11RE1PRuqHUWZN-ExoI6pS72_3l0COA49KnBi-qExXChW3mc41DF8R6kyCBiicw4UVgF_sItEvR2h2riDrAZsIrhTnJYAcn0EDPmFt4OoAJfiycrW72AQskLvS9cBLtLGUUmGQjWY7pCaBK7HpjHu8PyRwIV-gFw&fbclid=IwAR2cdcoPGgdZPd5nga-YM_FGGnBHOLYSWTvZfe_qZF9VwvUpWWaK_ciY7Fk

May you compare it to the xDSD when you’re there?

2 Likes

Will do if I can find the thing lol

4 Likes

In all honesty I don’t really have a use for this but I still want it and will probably get it haha

1 Like

Considering this as an alternative to the BTR5. Bluetooth is not my biggest concern, just need something I can throw in my backpack. This might fit the bill, won’t make sense unless it outperforms the BTR5 on the sound front since it costs a little more. It’s definitely an attractive looking piece though. Might just buy it for that volume nob.

2 Likes

Knowing iFi I’m sure it will, but I will report back when I get a listen lol

Under NDA for reviews until the 2/15. Can post pics etc, just not a full review

I’ll be very curious to read your findings. I’ll keep an eye out.

1 Like

I’ll post an unboxing soon, and full review on the 15th.

3 Likes