šŸ”· iFi Hip-DAC

A used ifi Micro is $400, which is more than twice as expensive as a brand new Hip

This Hip DAC

8 Likes

Can you take a pic of it next to a cell phone? Iā€™m curious on the actual size.

1 Like

6 Likes
4 Likes

Unless you find a crazy good deal.
I have seen some sell for about 300, or even as low as 200 for the non-Black Label regular version.

@Martin_Lesch you mind if I make this an official thread?

go along - you donĀ“t have to ask me in future

1 Like

Just ordered mine from Amazon, canā€™t wait! Just need a 4.4mm cable now however the Tripowin C8 with 4.4mm and MMCX doesnā€™t seem to get delivered to my area :frowning:

James @ Hart Audio Cables :+1:

1 Like

Done then :+1:

1 Like

Wow only $149?

Yeah if it sounds the part it will be a great choice imo

is this available to purchase? looks like a good inexpensive mqa option for portable

Edit: https://bloomaudio.com/products/ifi-hip-dac-portable-dac-and-amp (even though itā€™s not even on the ifi site :man_shrugging:)

1 Like

Are there any other portable Dac/amps $150 and below with balanced output and a volume knob instead of buttons other than this and the q1 mk2?

They are supposed to be under embargo until the 15th. I guess some venders started selling them early.

Itā€™s all preorder on the 15th but I do know someone who just bought one and has it in their hands somehow

okay coolā€¦ iā€™m going to pick this upā€¦ I guess thatā€™s why your review comes out that day :wink:

sorcery lol

@yops also how did you end up with one of these early lol? I didnā€™t think about it until now

1 Like