What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Welp I caved

12 Likes

Just booked an exam - AWS Solutions Architect Associate. First AWS exam so this should be interesting.

5 Likes

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What will you be using this for? I find it hard to think of a use-case for the btr stuff, it’s like all the battery drainage of Bluetooth but with the added hassle of still being attached to wires. A lot of people are buying them so there is probably a good reason that I’m missing. If it’s to connect headphones to a phone that doesn’t have an audio jack then why wouldn’t you just use a usb c dac like the Hidizs sonata or iBasso dc01?
Not hating, genuinely interested.

Also I ordered the If Audio Ear Buddy because @Zaphain told me to :grin:

Got this today, very impressed so far!

9 Likes

Niceee, any thoughts? :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Im using it for work. to use with my iems mainly. and Im not really interested in pluggin things to my phone. as my phone sits on the table at work or in my other pocket or in my hand. or in bed with something harder to drive that my other portable devices cant drive.

1 Like

The finish is awesome, absolutely love it. As for sound I haven’t really got into it yet but the “Power Match” feature managed to give my HD6XX some serious volume!

3 Likes

Are you using balanced or single ended?

Single ended for now, still on the hunt for a decent 4.4mm with MMCX for my P1s

1 Like

I also work in a production heavy facility with lots of moving around so a heavy phone in my pocket is really uncomfortable to deal with

1 Like

Bought myself a cool Lightbulb to make myself feel better about my amp.

It looked cool so I bought one, it’s like a spiral bulb inside of an old school bulb, but works like an LED bulb, Bulbception.

10 Likes

Fair enough, but wouldn’t something like a Bluetooth adapter that converts your iems into actual Bluetooth earphones be even more practical? (Even though my bt-rc make my FA1s hiss like nobody’s business, as long as the noise floor of your environment is high it shouldn’t matter too much)

Leonard Cohen - Thanks for the Dance
John Moreland - LP5
7Fingers - Nils Frahm Anne Müller
Khruangbin and Leon Bridges Present Texas Sun
Black Lips - In a World that’s falling apart
Wolf Parade - Thin mind
okay kaya - Watch this liquid pour itself

2 Likes

no its less reliable and not as compatable with all my IEAMs and gear like headphones as well. and I appreciate the LDAC and better bluetooth codecs. to me this is the more practical solution in my case. adn the things that make iems TWS or actual bluetooth IEMs dont sound as good and not that useful for me.

1 Like

So I went to eBay and I bought the entire Diana Krall discography on CD…

4 Likes

He 400i as a counterpart to my sundaras

3 Likes

Too bad there’s already a real flask for alcohol in my pocket, lol.

4 Likes

Interesting. I only use Bluetooth when I’m on my bike to and from work or when I’m using the public transportation. In those scenarios I don’t want any wires going up or down my body at all, so the btr line-up never really made sense to me but in your case it makes sense. Thanks :slight_smile: