šŸ”· iFi Hip-DAC

Thatā€™s for sure. Not sure how different it is on the hip-dac, but love it on my Zen Dac and really brings out traditionally lacking stuff in my collection alive.

1 Like

How did you pulled off the oem one? I keep turning volume up every once in a while and Iā€™ve been thinking of replacing it.

You may find this helpful. It explains your situation 10 mins through to 13 mins

And this

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/products/usb-audio-player-pro

1 Like

Thanks for posting this up Dave!

Sorry for the late reply. It should just slide off

Has anyone found a nice flexible usb cable to use with the hip DAC. Was kinda hoping for a flat USB female to USB C to take the strain off the phone port but they donā€™t seem to exist.

Any good :man_shrugging:t2:

I like them, but I am a little biased! lol!

I just picked one of these up with a iPhone camera adapter for Apple lossless, anyone know of a magnetic sticker to make the hip dac MagSafe compatible?

Did anyone get MQA working (magenta LED) before firmware 5.2 or stock shipping firmware on Tidal/UAPP Android or any Windows App? Hadnā€™t got it working myself, maybe my source MQA files not being true MQA, but even DSD128/DSD64 did turn Cyan or DSD256 or Blue, although I got the Yellow above 192kHz working.

So I thought Iā€™s try FW 5.3c GTO Filter to sort MQA, all PCMā€™s are now Yellow but still no confirmation (magenta LED) of MQA in Tidal app or Foobar2000 windows!

I really prefer Hip-Dac over the Topping Nx4ā€™s sound and features but DSD & MQA can be had on the Helm Bolt cheaper and with THX cert filtering so Iā€™d like to sort this issue and keep it for the battery drain advantage over the Bolt.

Maybe, this can help:

Since the hip DAC is from England putting on a moustache feels kind of right. :laughing:

2 Likes

P.S. Roon solved it, just mouse click on the two apposing left right arrows audio decoding settings, sorry canā€™t upload images yet until I get more posts under my belt to show what I mean.

Just ordered a pair. They appear to be quite flexible.

Shame no female type A end, plus too long.

Ordered 2 pack like you instead.

Found a puck made for attatching popsockets to iPhones with Magsafe, a little Gorilla Glue and we have the iFi HIP DAC Magsafe edition, perfect for Apples Lossless Service :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice solution :+1:

Just ordered this ā€œ180 Degree Up Right Angle USB 3.1 Type C Male to Female Micro Mini Type-B USB otg USB-C Charging Data Converter Adapter Cableā€, will report back in month time as shipping from u know where if the cable length is as small as your cable but with the benefit if the 180 bend.

If you can cancel your order then I suggest you do so. The Female head donā€™t fit into the Hip DAC. Worth a try, short but flexible.

Thanks for the heads up but I got 1 day free shipping on prime so it was to late. I can however see they are good quality so iā€™ll use them (x 3) anyway.

Hi guys!

I had a chance to try out the hip dac and honestly surprised at how great the mids are. Link to my video review below