šŸ”· iFi iDSD Diablo

This is the official thread for the iFi iDSD Diablo

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

ifi_idsd_diablo_header

• Delivers up to 5000mW
  • MQA
  • 4.4MM balanced out

:red_circle: Hifiguides iFi Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

1 Like

An over viewā€¦

Unboxing and first look by Hi-Fi Insider

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to say Iā€™m not that enamoured with the red tbh, I wish they had offered a Black and silver optionsā€¦will be interesting to see how it stacks up sound wise compared with itā€™s brothers in Burr the BL and Signatureā€¦oh and my old OG silver Micro :man_shrugging:ā€¦:eyes: on this.

1 Like

Iā€™m with you. If they would have reversed the color scheme and made it a matte black with shiny red accents and knobs then it would have been much more appealing.

^^ X2 Ferrariā€™s look good in red and maybe Lamborghiniā€™s butā€¦

iu-14

Plusā€¦

All getting a bit colour hectic? :grin:

IMO the biggest offense on this is the lack of the bass boost to me, thatā€™s something ifi has done really well on the micro bl, why did it have to get omitted here?

4 Likes

Maybe the new internal tech negated that option more audiophile :man_shrugging: LDAC might have been something else missing for some?

I have to say I only occasionally use Bass Boost when using Tin P1ā€™s and Androā€™s but if the overall sound signature is better then it wouldnā€™t be a deal breaker for me.

If this is meant to be portable you are definitely going to be drawing some attention at the coffee shop or in the airport. No way you are hiding that giant red popsicle.

2 Likes

iFire service Ltd edition?..

iu-15

2 Likes

Regarding iFi Bass Boostā€¦just for shits and gigs I listened to Beth with my Micro with my preferred sets and tipsā€¦Z1Rā€™s with the original silicon tips, OG Andros with Sony EP-EX10A tips and Tin P1ā€™s with Spin 145ā€™s and I never felt the needed to toggle the bass boostā€¦this isnā€™t science no volume level matches just a personal listeningā€¦Donā€™t do HPā€™s so :man_shrugging:

(disclaimer iā€™ve used XBass in the pastšŸ˜¬)

1 Like

IDKā€¦ I donā€™t love the red, but I donā€™t hate it either. This little snippet of iFiā€™s marketing is fairly telling of what they were going for. Sort of explains why no use of bass boost or Bluetoothā€¦

I guess massive power with state of the art parts focusing purely on sound quality was the goal. I would like to hear it for myself to be the judge if they achieved their objective.

But for $900 thatā€™s probably not gonna happen. For that kind of money I would put it toward a higher end DAP with more features and sacrifice the power.

The numbers are impressive though for a ā€œtransportableā€ product.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty big knock for me as well it makes sense in that ifi doesnt have a portable themselves in that bracket, but looking at the competition itā€™s a pretty hard sell considering what you could get at a similar price and better feature set from daps around the 1000 range. ALthough itā€™s possible that it does sound amazing in comparison but that remains to be seen. And while smaller than the black label it still seems pretty bulky for a portable.

Agreed. I have an xDuoo XD-05 Plus with a Burson op amp upgrade, and it sounds absolutely awesome. Itā€™s hard to imagine that the Diablo would sound 3 times the price better.

More colors! I want a veritable rainbow road of audio equipment on my desk.

1 Like

What I wanna know is what the hell is a ā€œnnWā€? A nanonanowatt? 10^-18 watt?

Itā€™s probably a typo, but somehow made it into 3 of their 4 numbers.

Maybe the m-key broke? :smiley:

3 Likes

All the more impressive if they can measure the power as intricately as down to the ā€œnanonanowattā€ :joy:

2 Likes

Except 611 nanonanowatts would power nothing :laughing:

1 Like