iFi Micro iDSD Diablo

The xCAN and xDSD are iFi’s best options for true mobility right now. I’d love a Diablo’d version of them with higher end tech and a 4.4mm balanced port.

That said, very excited about the Diablo…we probably need an official thread here (without the Micro branding?) here soon. The leaks have been ramping up so this is probably coming very soon.

Cats out of the bag early looks like. Intrigued by this and look forward to first impressions. Judging by the amount of leaks, this is probably coming tomorrow or Monday officially.

Can we move this thread over to the official dac amp section or do we need to create a new one?

I like it. Looks to be a competitor to the xDuoo XD05 Plus.

I’m not a big fan of red…and the performance of this thing better be beyond stellar to warrant the higher price despite the fact it’s missing a lot of the functions that come with their mobile products.

I’m looking forward to seeing reviews of this and their impressions of if the removed functions actually are that big of the deal. Because of the price, I assume iFi has a lot of confidence in the sound to speak for itself.

I’m also a sucker for Red, but see where people re coming from.

iFi posted an Elli5 for the differences, thought it would be worth sharing for you all as well.

2 Likes

Its a whole different tier than the xd05 line. Like LCD-2C vs LCD-X

Edit: do we know what chips its using?

it better be at like 1K

1 Like

Haha, for sure. Just pointing out incase he didn’t know

I did know. But count me as skeptical. I’d like to listen to it for myself, but I highly doubt it is 4 times better than the XD-05 Plus.

I mean, thats not realy how the scaling works anyways. Assuming the right cans that can take advantage of it 2x isn’t all that unreasonable.

Here’s where we likely disagree. I think the Diablo probably does not overcome the law of diminishing return in relationship to the price and performance of the XD-05 Plus. As I mentioned earlier, I would like to listen to it myself to decide.

Price and the concept of “scaling” is not solely indicative of quality, but price in combination with performance and quality can certainly equal value.

Is the Diablo a good value? :person_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Not sure why you think I disagree with that. No product in this hobby at all except maybe something like a KPH30i, but even that is massive diminishing returns at all over just having music at all for free off of an old phone speaker.

100%. And we are unfortunately just going to have to wait for some experienced reviewers/users to get their hands on it to find out if its worth it or not. The high dollar ifi stuff seems to generally not perform quite as well as the top end of the price braket its in from what I have seen, but there is at least some hope.

I can’t wait for some reviews either mate…will the less is more approach incorporating higher tier internals be worth the extra :dollar: I personally believe it will sonically wise but I guess this will come down to what features you require from of your Dac/Amp :man_shrugging:

Mu big question is how it stack up against its price range. If it sonically competes against the 1.1k tier players it will be a real good shout

Bloom just posted a review. Consider me massively skeptical about how hyperbolic the talk of susvara on them was… but I am at least more currious now.

1 Like

Interesting :+1: would like to hear it compared to say a Qutest matched with the Ciyan C9 as that is my IEM source goal :+1:

2 Likes

I mean, there is jyst no way that it competes with a 4k+ stack… Im personaly currious about how it pairs against the entry-hifi daps but also how good the amp stage is alone. If it compairs favorably to something like a BX2Plus as a pure amp for example

1 Like

I totally agree but how many people use a portable Dac/Amp to power $6K headphones otg or indeed at home :man_shrugging: lol

1 Like

IDK how many of them there are out there, but they are damn legends :laughing:

1 Like