iFi Micro iDSD Diablo

I think @M0N was rocking Stax otg lol :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I never said it was reasonable lol. Also yes the 003 mk2, sometimes I also take my senn he60 on the go (because it’s not as strange looking as stax or other estats) but not all that often for obs reasons

3 Likes

Til about the he60. I assumed you meant he6 at first and was shocked something portable could even run it. Only portable with more power than the Diablo right now is the bx2plus, yah? (And thats amp only)

Yeah not really lol, I do recall ray samuels made a portable dac/amp called the the intruder specifically with the goal of powering the he6 that some people like with it, but personally I didn’t find it all that satisfactory, and while the bx2 plus could get it loud it really doesn’t feel the same compared to running off a speaker amp

1 Like

Yah. Ultimateky voltage output is only like 1/4 the battle. You’d need an absurd battery to handle the kind of current those things need.

So Ive been looking into the intruder out of cure curiosity and holy hell, are are specs just not even made public? I cant find max Vrms, max amerage, or even just rms power output (which I kinda hate as a spec tbh). Any memory of how it performs compared to something like the BX2Plus since both seem to be aimed at high current output and BX2Plus reviews would allow us to kinda proxy it to see how it stands up to the diablo?

Don’t know, you would prob have to shoot him an email

Ignoring the built in dac of the rs, the bx2 plus greatly outperformed the intruder from memory in most every aspect imo, but admittedly it’s been a real long time since I heard one and also I didn’t get all that much time with it

1 Like

Fair on all accounts, and kinda expected. The intruder is something like 8 years old now. As far as portable are concerned thats a super long tome…

I got to demo one at my local dealer and this thing is awesome. Neutral, reference, tons of power that can handle anything in a package that’s smaller and smoother than the Signature.

If you’re looking for more flexibility, Signature still gets my vote, but the Diablo is just fine at my volume levels on Eco mode with IEMs (exception maybe being the Andromeda).

I’m still not sure if I’m going to be eventually in the more headphone or IEM camp, but if you’re more headphones go Diablo, more IEMs go signature. Despite being neutral/reference out of the majority of iFi stuff, it really doesn’t need xbass with the right headphone pairing.

3 Likes

The Diablo is smaller than the signature? Thats not something I expected tbh

It feels smaller because it’s smoother/more circular/not as boxy in design.

Length and width wise they are pretty much the same.

1 Like

Ah, got it. Ty for the info

Yep! Of course.

Pretty sure this is going to be my next upgrade once I get my end-of-month bonus in this month.

Can’t wait for my first TOTL dac/amp!

1 Like

Forgot this had a thread, heard it recently, some thoughts on it I posted somewhere else

To further elaborate on the stage thing, I think while staging does feel more tight and precise, it feels less open and a bit more squashed compared to the older ifi, it’s not bad, but it’s also not something I would consider an improvement over the predecessors.

4 Likes