iFi nano iDSD Black Label

And if you want the ultimate portable-ish monster, there is the Micro IDSD BL.

2 Likes

Yep I love ‘em both lol…

6 Likes

Yeah I wish the micro came down in price a little bit

You can find some used for between $250-$400. Reddit AV Exchange is a good place, Hifishark too.

1 Like

I got my my mint used Micro for the equivalent of $309 and worth every penny :+1:

3 Likes

really enjoying this little thing

7 Likes

Also, have a custom cable from Hart on the way to output balanced out of the line out to my ta20. Have a feeling this will be a lovely pairing.

2 Likes

The balanced sounds better imho but it didn’t have a large volume increase tho…enjoy :+1:

2 Likes

Already am enjoying. Sold my monoprice thx portable because of this unit. Really feeling the inflated hype of thx.

6 Likes

It’s a personal sound sig thing tbh…the Burr Brown chipset is a tad warm and probably the near opposite of the THX goals…matching your HP and IEM’s to to the source and your own preferred sound signature is what we all enjoy :smiley:…oh and the MUSIC lol :+1:

3 Likes

I agree, although I’m not sure I know the correct definition of warm, I’m pretty sure that’s the kind of signiature I enjoy 98% of the time.

Yeah the ifi house sound from what I hear is colored to be a pretty warm and pleasing sound, while still having great detail.

2 Likes

This thing is very underated in my opinion. It’s currently playing 58x balanced and it sounds delicious. Using it at my desk, and I’m looking at my desk setup contemplating “do I need all of you?”

Also, I took a fancy picture :smirk:

4 Likes

If there is an ifi product that has balanced, there is always a 3.5mm balanced adapter nearby lol (why did they do this, nobody else uses 3.5mm bal)

1 Like

It separates the men from the boys, we dont need an entirely different connector to know its a balanced amp…

but seriously, im completely willing to forgive the 3.5mm trrs because i love this thing. Only thing ive turned on at my desk since i received this was the ta20, to be fed by this. And i just got the balanced adapter, and idk if its all in my head but it sounds so damn good right now. i gotta get up and do things but i cant stop listening.

btw, that particular balanced adapter is so pretty.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is, alright you wanna do a 3.5mm trrs balanced connection, weird but okay, why do they not sell their own adapters and/or cables to make it work with what people actually have? Same thing with the zen dac, who has a 4.4mm to dual 3pin xlr male, to actually used the balanced out to feed a balanced amp? No one. Why not sell a cable? I’ll admit the first thing I did was go on their site and look for an ifi branded adapter for the nano.

2 Likes

It’s not lol.

I think so. Don’t see or hear this thing talked about nearly enough.

iFi is owned by AMR who make some v nice high end audio gear so they know their onions so to speak :+1:

1 Like