iFi nano iDSD Black Label

Bless Hart Audio Cables for helping me utilize that balanced line out on the nano. Excited for this to feed the xduoo TA20 balanced.

Absolutely love their cable system. Slowly working on getting their cable for every set i have.

4 Likes

Just chiming in that I have tthe nano. I 100% worth it. I wish it was a bit more portable (i.e. was more streamlined and less bulky), but it makes up for it in sound quality :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Hip-Dac?

Nope, this bad boy. This and the Hel were my two first amp/dacs.

The size personally doesnt bother me, imo it is the perfect mix of portable and able to use on a desk or table. Works well in both scenarios imo. If it was any smaller, it wouldnt work well on a desk i think.

2 Likes

Yes I know I have one too, I was just answering your question about iFi otg size :+1:

3 Likes

Yea, I think my comment isn’t necessarily about size, it’s shape. Like it doesn’t fit in pockets super well (cause it’s a pain to fish out with the rubber band + depth strapped to a phone). But that’s prolly just my setup. If it had the shape of the hip dac I would find it flawless :stuck_out_tongue:

That counter (and the audio equipment) is sexy af 0_0

2 Likes

gotcha. i use it mainly in different areas of my house, when im not at my main desk setup, so its never been in my pocket, so what you said makes sense thinking about it now.

1 Like

Oh yea, when I used it on my desktop I had zero complaints whatsoever (but now I got the Geshelli Stack and the nano pales in comparison). It’s my ‘commuting/work’ amp/dac. However, regardless of a tiny bit of inconvenience, for the price / performance / sound I’m keeping it regardless. I just gotta throw my phone in my bag instead of my pocket. Small price to play :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Agreed. I got rid of the Monoprice THX portable for the Nano and i have not a single regret. The THX portable just didnt do it for me.

1 Like

Kind different use scenarios tbh I use a iFi Micro iDSD for home and the Nano otg…iFi fan boy me lol.

4 Likes

Oh yea man, if I could afford their higher end desktop gear I’d prolly be a fanboy based on my experience with the nano.

2 Likes

:heart:

5 Likes

Can you remove that abomination of a headphone out of the way and just take another picture of the DAC? =P

Is the iDSD BL a portable DAC? its looks a little too big to fit in a pocket

Couldn’t disagree with that assessment of the NDH20 any more.

1 Like

lol yeah i know jj

1 Like

I own the Nano BL and was really excited to use a Hart Audio cable as you have described and photographed here. But then I saw this, and now I’m not so sure. Would be really interested to hear your thoughts on this:

> In fact, using an S-Balanced connection to a true differential 3-pin XLR input will likely result in you only getting half the available power out of the amplifier, since it will only be driving one phase of each channel with a music signal.

Kind of confused by that comment to be honest. Kind of seems like this person is referring to using the front headphone out as a balanced connection, instead of the line out, I’m really not sure.